Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/21/2011 8:53:38 PM EDT
Anyone running these in a surefire G2 or 6P?

I know pat rogers endorses them....

For $45 I thought about getting one after Christmas.
Link Posted: 12/22/2011 7:26:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/22/2011 6:00:30 PM EDT
[#2]
I bought one and LOVE it! Bright as hell.

Here it is on my AR57.

Link Posted: 12/22/2011 6:05:10 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Anyone running these in a surefire G2 or 6P?

I know pat rogers endorses them....

For $45 I thought about getting one after Christmas.

Do not have that specific one, but I have them from TNVC for Z3, D2D, and one of the 96x weapon lights. They put the original Surefire to shame. Once you go LED you never go back.

Link Posted: 12/22/2011 6:20:04 PM EDT
[#4]
I've got a G2 LED but wanted to know if this was a big step up. The pictures on TNVC's website looked very impressive, just wanted some other's opinions.

Looks like i'll try to snag one after christmas as long as I get the wife's blessing
Link Posted: 12/23/2011 5:35:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Buy it. They are very much GTG

I'll base my comments on the fact that i have over 20 of them on guns for the last 2 years.
I am satisfied as to their durability and usefulness.
Link Posted: 12/23/2011 8:07:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Tried it, sold it.
Link Posted: 12/24/2011 3:23:29 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm interested.   What are the options for a good tape switch to go with it?

Link Posted: 12/27/2011 10:56:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Tried it, sold it.

details
Link Posted: 1/2/2012 4:47:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Tried it, sold it.

details

It measured around 175-185 OTF lumens in a calibrated 5.5" IS, and the tint was nothing to write home about. I felt that run-time could be sacrificed for output for my application. In my opinion, the construction of it was not superior to other LED's on the market from Dereelight, etc. that retailed for less (The electronics are not potted, etc.) that I have owned, that I could discern.

The beam profile was nice, though. I just didn't have a use for it.
Link Posted: 1/2/2012 4:54:37 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Quoted:
Tried it, sold it.

details

To be honest I dont like how concentrated the beam is.
Link Posted: 1/2/2012 6:40:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jB9QB9Y4TwU&hd=1

Quoted:
Quoted:
Tried it, sold it.

details

It has very minimal spill and a smaller hot-spot, but that helps to make up for the lower output and allows similar throw to some of Malkoff's offerings while having longer run-time. It's all give/take. I compare all my lights out-doors across a 100m ball-diamond in the middle of nowhere, as well as in-doors and in urban settings. So far I like the Nailbender XM-L in 4K tint for a hand-held, and for my Noveske, I run an M300A. It has VERY good throw (it actually throws better than my M31W Malkoff), but NO spill hardly except that what you would notice indoors. Hot-spot is decent size. It runs for a good while on just 1 battery, though, which is the selling point with limited rail space.

My main issue with the TNVC is that for $45 shipped, Nailbender will make me whatever tint XP-G module I want and pot the electronics with thermal epoxy. With the TNVC I get whatever tint I get (usually around 6K from the pictures I see and the one I had), no potting, etc. The extra nearly 150 OTF lumens of the Nailbender module is a nice touch, as well. For people who will use it primarily in-doors, the run-time of the TNVC is a solid selling point, though. But then, you could also run an M61L or something and get a lot more run-time.

Based on my experience with both modules, I would put the TNVC drop-in in the same category as Dereelight for quality and performance.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 2:49:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 1/8/2012 7:59:10 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jB9QB9Y4TwU&hd=1

Quoted:
Quoted:
Tried it, sold it.

details

It has very minimal spill
and a smaller hot-spot, but that helps to make up for the lower output and allows similar throw to some of Malkoff's offerings while having longer run-time. It's all give/take. I compare all my lights out-doors across a 100m ball-diamond in the middle of nowhere, as well as in-doors and in urban settings. So far I like the Nailbender XM-L in 4K tint for a hand-held, and for my Noveske, I run an M300A. It has VERY good throw (it actually throws better than my M31W Malkoff), but NO spill hardly except that what you would notice indoors. Hot-spot is decent size. It runs for a good while on just 1 battery, though, which is the selling point with limited rail space.

My main issue with the TNVC is that for $45 shipped, Nailbender will make me whatever tint XP-G module I want and pot the electronics with thermal epoxy. With the TNVC I get whatever tint I get (usually around 6K from the pictures I see and the one I had), no potting, etc. The extra nearly 150 OTF lumens of the Nailbender module is a nice touch, as well. For people who will use it primarily in-doors, the run-time of the TNVC is a solid selling point, though. But then, you could also run an M61L or something and get a lot more run-time.

Based on my experience with both modules, I would put the TNVC drop-in in the same category as Dereelight for quality and performance.

We went though this a LONG time ago with you. 12_Gauge.

We offer a generous and bright spill and the lumens are not all in the hot spot and for room clearing our lamps are VERY good and always have been.

We were doing LED drop ins when NO ONE else was years ago and after hundreds of thousands of rounds down range with some of the best trigger pullers out there, all is still going well.  

Nothing changed from what we discussed from well over a  year ago with you.  

Spill was indeed very "punchy" and bright, just the total "cone" of light smaller than the M60/M61 and some of the other modules, etc. that I have run. Still more than adequate, especially inside a building where 180 lumens is going to bounce off walls, etc. and illuminate areas even outside of the direct light-cone. I conveyed that it had NO spill to speak of, and that was inaccurate as you note. It's just a more focused beam than some of the others.

^This is what I mean.
You disagreed with my picture then, and I am sure you will disagree with it now, but it clearly depicts the more focused beam of the TNVC module vs the M60, even if both are not accurately represented due to the "camera" used (cell-phone), they are comparably represented. I sold my TNVC module, so I don't have it on-hand to compare with my others currently, and have sold the M60 as well.

It's a great module (IIRC, the one I sent off  for testing was pulling something like 0.5A at the tail-cap) for G2's and those desiring long run-times out of their 6P's who don't want more than 160-180 lumens. I'm just a tint/lumens junkie.

When did you start selling this module?
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top