Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/30/2005 8:53:32 AM EDT
Like the title says, I'm wondering if a Surefire G2 (the cheap one ) is actually sturdy enough to handle being mounted on a rifle.

I know alot of guys have them, but is it a really good idea? Are the batteries/bezel shock insulated? All of surefires literature touts it as a personal light and never mentions weapon mounting. Does this imply it is not up to the task?

Any real world experience would be great
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 9:13:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 1:30:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Sorry to hijack but.....How does the Z32 isolate the batteries?I don't see any difference from the standard bezels.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 2:34:30 PM EDT
[#3]
The Z32 and M2 bezels do not isolate the batteries from the lamp.

In the standard 6P or G2 light, the batteries ride between the springs in the tailcap and the lamp.

In the Z32/M2 bezels, the batteries still ride between the springs of the tailcap and lamp, but now the lamp has an extra cushion.

This is basically the same set up that came in many of their original weapon mounted lights, like the shotgun forends.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 3:03:15 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
...This is basically the same set up that came in many of their original weapon mounted lights, like the shotgun forends.

Just to point out that SureFire's shotgun and MP5 etc forends use Lamp Modules (such as the L60) that do retain the batteries inside the 'body' away from the Lamp Assembly and it's Shock Isolated Bezel.
UVvis must be referring to "original" models long since superseded by what are now the "Classic" WeaponLights. I've never heard of these models before (I got interested in SureFire back in 1998).

Al

Link Posted: 8/30/2005 5:42:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 2:14:26 PM EDT
[#6]
With success, I’ve been running this G2 with Z32 for well over a year now.......lost track of the round count!

Link Posted: 8/31/2005 7:01:22 PM EDT
[#7]
What sort of tailcap do you have on that G2, quib?
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 8:56:52 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
What sort of tailcap do you have on that G2, quib?

Z49
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top