Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/24/2005 5:51:00 PM EDT
Which would be a better idea for a tactical light, a pressure switch or the push button?

I understand that the answer might be... "whatever suits you best".  But I just wanted to hear peoples' opinions and reasons for what they use.

I was thinking the push button would win in the simplicity and durability department.

I also read a post in the Sampson light mount thread about spec-forces moving away from the tape switch.  (please, let's not turn this into a "you have to be like the spec ops" thread, it is just easy to take the lessons the fighting community learns to heart)

Thank you all in advance.

Have a good one.

Stainless
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 5:56:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 5:57:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 6:07:50 PM EDT
[#3]
I was using a pushbutton (tail end of a SureFire G2) by pressing it with the front edge of my hand with it mounted at 6 o'clock.  That was simple and inexpensive, but since I shoot while holding onto the magwell, it meant I had to change my hold just for using the light.  I've since added a Pentagon X3 with a tape switch (stuck to the side of the mag well) and I like it a lot better.

I might be concerned about the durability of the wire/switch if I were in a more hostile situation, but for my needs I think it will be fine.

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Top Top