Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/17/2005 1:30:04 PM EDT
I've got a Tangodown pistol grip, but it has AA's for the Eotech in it.

I want to store 3 123's on the rifle itself as spares.

Why doesn't someone make a storage tube that will mount to a picatinny rail? I have a top rail that is going unused.......

Any other options, other than inside a VFG (which I don't have)?

Link Posted: 8/17/2005 2:37:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Perfect excuse for a VLTOR Clubfoot.

[email protected]
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 3:59:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 5:06:00 PM EDT
[#3]
I will never understand the desire to store batteries on the rifle itself.  They are harder to get to and weigh your weapon down for no reason compared to putting them in a pouch.  If you want a storage tube that fit on a rail I suggest a 9V Niltrolon Surefire mounted with a ring.  THat way you have a spare bulb too.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 5:12:00 PM EDT
[#4]
He already has storage in the TD pistol grip but it's holding AA batteries for another device.

I'm in kind of the same boat as I have a TD pistol grip but I run a 9 volt system, and it only acommodates the 2 123's.

A new stock is really the only option that I'm aware of, either the Vltor, or the LMT Crane Clone are great stocks with battery storage.  I prefer to get as much of the unnecessary weight off of the front end, but I agree I think there would be a market for a rail mount battery storage solution.

Of course you could always mount another SureFire on the handguard and keep spare batteries in there.

Regards,
Alan Elam
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 7:33:02 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

If you want a storage tube that fit on a rail I suggest a 9V Niltrolon Surefire mounted with a ring.  THat way you have a spare bulb too.

That's actually a good idea.  I carry spare lights (hand held) instead of spare batteries too.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 5:48:57 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks guys.

The reason I want to store stuff on the rifle is so it will be ON THE RIFLE when I need it.

I'm not a soldier, and I don't carry a rifle around with me during the day - but when I need one, i want to be able to grab it with one hand and have enough goodies to stay fighting for a while. To my way of thinking, this includes having spare flashlight batteries.

I may look at a didfferent stock, but I'm trying to keep this one cheap (relatively speaking.....)
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 10:27:52 AM EDT
[#7]
Now we need to decicde how to carry a spare lamp assembly too.

For my Surefire's, I just carry a second flashlight, which means I have spare everything.  I just snagged a Pentagon X3, but my spares will be limited to a lamp assembly and batteries.

Do those Surefire battery carriers hold a lamp assembly too?  Will a Pentagon lamp/reflector fit?

Link Posted: 8/19/2005 2:07:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top