Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/8/2005 6:03:49 PM EDT
I like to keep my rifles fairly simple, but I bought a laser just to have a little fun with, and maybe for a quick easy way to aim indoors. How should I zero it? Should I zero it for one specific range, or can I somehow make the laser shoot perfectly parallel with the bore so it isn't too far off at any medium distances. I am guessing i should mount it on top of the barrel so it would be zeroed at exactly two ranges? Any suggestions would be great. thanks a lot.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 6:06:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 6:12:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Try using this Ballistics Calculator. You'll need to know a few things about your round of choice and the distance of the laser from the bore to use the calculator correctly.

Using XM193 ammo with a 20" bbl, a 50 yd zero, and mounting the laser .50" from the bbl, you'll start to see a bit of a drop off at 150 yds (1.9" to be exact).

Depending on the quality of the laser and lighting conditions, you might be lucky to see the laser out that far not to mention your accuracy with your rifle and ammo. Shooting with a laser is good for short range point shooting but it sounds like that's all you bought it for.

Some people (bblake00) are such so helpful, aren't they? post whores
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 6:15:54 PM EDT
[#3]
thanks a lot for the help matt. you are the man.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 9:34:31 PM EDT
[#4]
I have an AR-2A from LDI, it mounts on the A-frame , centerline of bore and laser is 2" apart.
Highly reflective target at 50m with 2 lines 2" apart, useing boresite laser I put the 2 dots on the 2" spread, done. In direct sunlight useless, from 5pm -6pm if target is shaded on a clear sunny day you should be able to pick it up at 50m (easier with a scope) Now if you were to say, check out the russian websites and pick up a 30nw as opposed to our .5nw youll be able to pick it up in broad daylight at 100m
altho at night youll be Rudolph the red nosed AR
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top