Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/27/2004 4:36:21 PM EDT
My firefighter girlfriend keeps a G-2 in the pocket of her bunker gear and the switch keeps getting depressed and runs the battery down. I was wondering if there is a lock out tail cap that will keep the light off till you need it on?

IPSC_GUY sends
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 4:51:21 PM EDT
[#1]
The G2Z tailcaps can lockout, and matck for color and material with the G2.  Also, any other 6P, C2, M2, etc. "Classic" size tailcap will work for the G2.  I've got a Z49 clickie on mine, plus the new Z58(?) clickie without the shroud will work. HTH.

-Randy
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 5:00:36 PM EDT
[#2]

The G2Z tailcaps can lockout, and matck for color and material with the G2.

The G2Z tailcap will not work on G2.   A dealer showed me that it is different and won't fit.

I think you are right that the other tailcaps will fit the G2.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 5:20:57 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

The G2Z tailcaps can lockout, and matck for color and material with the G2.

The G2Z tailcap will not work on G2.   A dealer showed me that it is different and won't fit.

I think you are right that the other tailcaps will fit the G2.

That dealer was somewhat misinformed... they are different, one locks out and the other doesn't.  The LOTC is longer, but they are totally intrerchangeable.

Scoll down and see the pic in this thread.

BTW, the Z58 I mentioned earlier is HA_Nat, the Black HA version is the Z59.

-Randy
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 5:34:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Well....the one HE had wouldn't fit!!  I'm certainly happy if it does interchange.  Didn't make any sense except to prevent us from changing non-lock out with an inexpensive lock out tail cap.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 1:02:00 AM EDT
[#5]
The G2Z LockOut TailCaps I have do NOT fit nor, function correctly on the G2's I have.
However, SureFire Clickie TailCaps fit and function and LockOut.

Link Posted: 8/28/2004 5:42:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Will the Z58 and Z59 also work as momentary switches if you don't push the button far enough to "click" the button?

IPSC_GUY sends
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 6:16:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top