Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/13/2003 1:01:31 PM EDT
I'm looking to upgrade my G2 and low-mount scope rings set-up. I'd like to hear from others why they chose the light rig they have now and how that rig is working for them. What would you keep? What would you change?

Link Posted: 10/13/2003 5:24:25 PM EDT
[#1]
I wanted a vertical grip and no wires.  I got an M900.  I would make it lighter and waterproofed.  I like the NAV Led option and how the light output blows away my G2.
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 5:45:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I wanted a vertical grip and no wires.  I got an M900.  I would make it lighter and waterproofed.  I like the NAV Led option and how the light output blows away my G2.
View Quote

Ditto except I don't want to pay any more for the waterproofing......
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 11:10:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Pretty much what's been said above. I wanted the controllability of the verticle grip plus the control features it has located in the grip as opposed to a separate pad.

I like the tip off filters available for it, most particularly IR and I wanted to be able to switch from a 1.6 bezel for CQB functions to the 2.5 bezel for longer range or perimeter work.

I also like the throw lever feature for quick detach and the master off switch for storage or when I don't want to run the light and have it accidentally get switched on.
Link Posted: 10/14/2003 12:11:09 AM EDT
[#4]
I have a 962.  I love the 9v Millenium Surefires.  The ARMS throw lever mount lets me take it off for cleaning the gun, and I can remove the light if need be without removing my verticle foregrip.
Link Posted: 10/14/2003 8:33:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Depending on the mission of the firearm, I pick and choose the light:
For my go fast, CQB M4, I have a M900A and Holosight
For my standard duty, general purpose M4, I currently have the Classic 9V system with pressure pad and cut off switch, mounted on the 3 0-clock position, coupled with both Aimpoint and ACOG NSN.  Yes, I would like a 97x series for longer reach for the ACOG, but budget is limited.
For my up and coming FAL carbine, I plan for a 97x series couple with a Leupold Mk4 CQB.
Link Posted: 10/19/2003 6:11:59 PM EDT
[#6]
I went with the Insight M3.  No pressure pads to flop around and fall off, inexpensive, and it is not too bright (when surrounded by white walls) like many of the SureFire lights I have used on other peoples guns.  
Link Posted: 10/23/2003 9:10:44 AM EDT
[#7]
Sl_AYER:
Did any of those SF lights have a beamshaper? The tip-off beamshaper is a must-have for any light.  Wider, more diffuse beam indoors, normal hotspot outdoors.  
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top