Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/12/2003 8:02:16 AM EDT
www.range5.com

A GUY HERE ON THE BOARDS "SFG" clued me into this.

The new SOC modular holster.  It won't probably work for me as my barrel is not std length and this has a barrel plug designed in.

And the retention system seems a little shabby but otherwise it looks like a great holster.
Link Posted: 9/12/2003 9:23:24 AM EDT
[#1]
THis holster is old news.  It has been "coming out" for almost a year now.  Has something changed and is it out in service as we speak?  Can I actually buy one now?
Link Posted: 9/12/2003 4:51:43 PM EDT
[#2]
I think you can buy one I heard that $142 is the going price.

I never had heard of it.  Sorry if this is old news.

SFG mentioned talking to the owner who told him he had recieved some orders from Marines in Detach 1 (and how they were happy with the holsters).  So I would guess that he is taking and shipping orders.
Link Posted: 9/12/2003 5:47:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Thats great news.  I knew they were doing 1911s first for the Force guys and were going to do HK and Sig too.  Looks like I can finally buy my holster but now I wanna wait for the new Insight and Surefire pistol lights before I have to make up my mind on what to get (I know its modular but still)
Link Posted: 9/12/2003 5:50:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Crap it is only out for the 1911, Beretta and Glock.  Guess I have to keep on waiting...
Link Posted: 9/12/2003 5:51:37 PM EDT
[#5]
You might want to look at Tactical Assault Systems Forced Entry Holster for guns with mounted lights.
The holster is lined with Velcro so you can form it around your pistol when it doesn't have the light attached, but it opens up inside to accomodate the light when it is mounted.
I visited their office the other day, they make some very well designed and durable gear.

[url]http://www.tacticalassaultsystems.com/Products/Holsters/Holsters.htm[/url]
Link Posted: 9/13/2003 3:18:35 PM EDT
[#6]
BE Advised- tactical nylon is a terrible idea for a holster that you want any speed of presentation out of. (unless the user somehow incorporates a kydex liner and NON-Nylon thumb break or retention system.) Nylon thumb breaks in my experience are also not terribly dependable.

Composites allow a far more repeatable and smooth draw.
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top