Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/1/2002 6:10:56 AM EDT
I'm looking for opinions on the best light mount for an M4 w/ double heat shield M4 handguards.  The light would most likely be a Surefire 6P or similair light. Thanks
Link Posted: 11/1/2002 6:50:43 AM EDT
[#1]
There's a ton of mounts you can use, but the first concern I would have is mounting one of Sureife's hand held lights to a weapon. Hand held lights are tough, and built to take a beating. They are not however, built to go on weapons. At the very least, you should get a shock isolated bezel for the 6P, but really, the best option would be to get a dedicated weapon light. The classic Surefire 660 series are relatively affordable, and are made for weapons.

As for the mount, you could get a GG&G SliC (sling and light Combo) www.gggaz.com/products/slic.php

A GG&G M3 light mount along with Surefire's standard weaver mount or an ARMS #22 ring would work (I have two of these) www.gggaz.com/products/m3illumrifle.php

You could get GG&G D&D flashlight mount www.gggaz.com/products/m3illumrifle.php

Or you can just get the barrel mount and ring  for the Surefire system;
www.surefire.com/cgi-bin/main.pl?pgm=co_disp&func=displ&carfnbr=136&prrfnbr=521&sesent=0,0

These are just a few options you have, I'm sure there are more.
Link Posted: 11/1/2002 8:06:19 AM EDT
[#2]
New-arguy, Thanks for the info., I never thought of using the M3 mount with a ARMS 22 ring.  I really prefer the feel of my M4 handguards over and RIS/RAS.  I think I'll give this set-up a try.  By the way, you dont have an extra 22 ring your looking to get rid of do ya?  Thanks for the info
Link Posted: 11/1/2002 10:11:55 AM EDT
[#3]
My social AR has a Weaver rail bolted and epoxied to the M4 handguards at 1:30 o'clock.

At 9:30 on the opposite side I have an inletted strip of velcro to attach the pressure pad so I can activate it with the thumb of my support hand.

I bought this setup from an LE end user who had an extra that he'd made, but you could do the job yourself in about an hour.

JAW
Link Posted: 11/4/2002 1:52:41 AM EDT
[#4]
put a GG&G D&D on my M4, at least until i save up $$ for a std weapon light, use the D&D and a Z2 w/a M2 bezel, which is what surefire told me to do. it works much better than i thought it would, suprisingly well in fact, and no probs w/the light yet, have shot about 200 rounds or so.......

the M500 (?) is prob better, but the D&D is a cheap way to put a light on a AR15, works well, looks good, and if ya have a light, is WAYY cheaper.......the mount was about $30 or so..

g
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top