Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/10/2016 4:35:24 PM EDT
I'm looking for a sling for a new build and I wanted leather and usgi. I'm looking at the 1907 style. Thee are still in the supply system, correct? I found one place with one still in the bag with nsn and whatever .mil markings. It was brown or tan I think. Do they come in different colors as issued? Do all military ones have black hardware?
Link Posted: 11/11/2016 12:12:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/14/2016 9:11:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Tan with black. You may find used ones about also, some High Power shooters replace them from time to time. I prefer the newer nylon slings, easier to use for HP.

http://www.brownells.com/shooting-accessories/slings-sling-swivels/slings/m1-m14-m1a-gi-style-sling-prod42539.aspx?avad=avant&aid=41227&cm_mmc=affiliate-_-Itwine-_-Avantlink-_-Custom%2bLink&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_source=Avantlink&utm_content=NA&utm_campaign=Itwine&avs%7cMaterial_1=Cordura%7cNylon&avs%7cWidth_1=1-1zz1zz4%2522
Link Posted: 11/15/2016 4:51:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Tan with black. You may find used ones about also, some High Power shooters replace them from time to time. I prefer the newer nylon slings, easier to use for HP.

http://www.brownells.com/shooting-accessories/slings-sling-swivels/slings/m1-m14-m1a-gi-style-sling-prod42539.aspx?avad=avant&aid=41227&cm_mmc=affiliate-_-Itwine-_-Avantlink-_-Custom%2bLink&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_source=Avantlink&utm_content=NA&utm_campaign=Itwine&avs%7cMaterial_1=Cordura%7cNylon&avs%7cWidth_1=1-1zz1zz4%2522
View Quote

That's just a m1 garand sling. I really like those to and have them on a lot of my rifles, but I'm doing a custom build and decided I want a 1907 style sling on this rifle.
Link Posted: 11/20/2016 2:13:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

That's just a m1 garand sling. I really like those to and have them on a lot of my rifles, but I'm doing a custom build and decided I want a 1907 style sling on this rifle.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Will the Brownells 1907 I linked above work?  Sounds authentic down to the fasteners color and leather.
Link Posted: 11/20/2016 8:24:13 AM EDT
[#5]
AASG, I would just get the one you found, the Brownell's one is just as good. If you are on a HP forum, I'm sure you could find a used one. Creedmoor Sports is another source.
Link Posted: 12/17/2016 4:49:07 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Will the Brownells 1907 I linked above work?  Sounds authentic down to the fasteners color and leather.
View Quote

It probably would have worked, in fact I probably should have bought it. It says it is longer than original. I bought a repro from international millitary antiques, it is barely long enough to work on my rifle. I've got a swivel all the way out at the front of a 15" keymod handguard.
Link Posted: 12/17/2016 9:24:04 AM EDT
[#7]
Not official military issue but I buy M1907 slings, 1911 holsters, etc. from these folks.

So far, no issues with any of them.  I just bought 3 of the M1907 slings about a month ago to put on a couple 03A3's and M1 Garands.

I don't compete, I just wanted a nice sling on my old rifles.

I will say that the holsters for 1911's will fit a GI 1911, but not one with tall sights, ambidextrous safeties, etc.  GI 1911, not a customized 1911.  I got one for my brother a couple years ago and his SA 1911 would not quite allow the flap to latch.  He might have been able to stretch it, but elected to just say it wouldn't fit and gave up on it.

I have no affiliation with these guys, I've just bought some stuff from them over the last 3 or 4 years.
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 2:07:27 PM EDT
[#8]
For what I've seen, the supply system (I can only speak for usmc), doesn't get the correct length 1907 sling, or maybe a proper 1907 sling is that short. What I've been told is that the short ones are correct for a garand/14, but are too short for use on a m16.

My unit bought creedmoor stuff a few years ago for competition. Supply got us some NSN leather slings and they are too short for use on a m4 if you're a big guy.

My guess is that when used on a springfield, garand, or m14, the near ferrule is close enough to work, while on a m16 it is too far away.
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 5:38:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Another vote for Mountain State Supply. I've dealt with them a number of times and have been very satisfied every time.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top