Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/27/2013 10:48:45 AM EDT
I've decided its time to customize my Stag 2T.
In the end, I want it to have:
- Flip up sights
- QD red/green dot
- Ergo forward grip
- Bipod
- Flashlight
- Green laser

I spent a lot of time looking at the Mako grip/bipod/flashlight combo. It packs a higher price tag but incorporates 3 in 1. I did have the oportunity to check out a build that used UTG ergo grips and they felt amazing. This build had basically everything I am looking for in all seperate elements. Which left me wondering.... Am I trying to do to much with 1 item?

Comments from current mako grip users would be helpful
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 4:42:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Jesus. Step back and reread all the crap you want on your rifle.
Link Posted: 8/28/2013 5:04:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Which was my primary reason for looking at the Mako grip/bipod/flashlight in the first place...

I've got a Colt sporter for target shooting and what not... i wanted my Stag to be more versatile.
Link Posted: 8/28/2013 7:57:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Which was my primary reason for looking at the Mako grip/bipod/flashlight in the first place...

I've got a Colt sporter for target shooting and what not... i wanted my Stag to be more versatile.
View Quote

Why not just get a grip pod...save the bipod for an SPR build
Link Posted: 8/29/2013 8:54:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bipod is convenient for non-tactical use. Last time I  we went out I was scraping melted foam and grass off my barrel from putting it down after.
Link Posted: 8/31/2013 7:26:49 PM EDT
[#5]

Link Posted: 8/31/2013 7:39:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/5/2013 4:53:30 AM EDT
[#7]
Yes
Link Posted: 9/6/2013 9:56:10 AM EDT
[#8]
ummmm
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 4:33:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Jesus. Step back and reread all the crap you want on your rifle.
View Quote

IMO, some of the stuff is just that. Stuff that doesnt real have a purpose and you end up paying for $20 parts that dont preform.

If you want a grip and bipod, find a combo. Figure you how you want to use your rifle and build accordingly.
BUIS are good to have. Midwest industries makes great sights. Tough and hold zero well.
Lasers are pointless.
Spend good money on a good flashlight. SureFire, Streamlight, Fenix are a few good brands to check out.
Your red dot choice is up to you depending on budget. I got an Aimpoint PRO and its been on and zeroed for nearly two years now. Cant do that with any other product, but it is costly to get.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top