BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/30/2006 6:11:52 AM EDT
How about this one?

www.eagleindustries.com/ProdDisp.asp?PartNoID=874

I want to take back the 'best' inquiry. I know Eagle makes a more expensive releasable model. I would rather save that money and give up that feature. But otherwise, this seems like a good product. Anything even better?
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 12:02:23 PM EDT
[#1]
If you go over to the Armory board and check in the field gear section you will see a ton of info on PCs of various manufacture.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 8:05:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Keep in mind, this is a soft body armor carrier.  It  will also hold plates, but if you will be using ONLY plates, there are better and cheaper options.  Some are available from Eagle.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 8:08:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Someone should make a plate carrier with soft-armor side protection -- the idea being that soft armor behind the plates is kinda wasted.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 8:53:33 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Someone should make a plate carrier with soft-armor side protection -- the idea being that soft armor behind the plates is kinda wasted.

You do understand that most plates require their use in conjunction with soft armor to achieve their rating, right?

Also, the carrier you have above will do exactly what you just asked - by default. Put your BALCS-cut soft armor in the carrier and add plates (or not) - the soft armor will wrap to the sides and give you some protection. You could also go with Eagle's Plate Carrier with Cummerbun, and get some extra soft armor panels for the side pockets built into the cummerbun.

As to your question of "best" armor carrier - you really need to define your mission / what your intended role is.

Hope this helps,
Clint
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 9:08:28 AM EDT
[#5]
Always on the money, Clint!

Best,

Jeff
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 9:19:56 AM EDT
[#6]
Yeah. I know. My plates are full level-III standalone.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 10:11:20 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 7:27:56 PM EDT
[#8]
You might want to check out the crye precision one if you can get it it seems to be a very nice unit.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 11:30:42 PM EDT
[#9]
I just ordered the LE Plate Carrier w/ Cummerbund from Eagle the other day.  I'll post a review once I get it.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 8:13:26 AM EDT
[#10]
I bought a Wasatch Plate Carrier From HIGH SPEED GEAR . It holds 12 ar mags and has plenty of mollie webbing. holds 2 large sapi plates...

CXS
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top