Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/23/2006 8:06:06 PM EDT
I have been using single point sling for some time now. I think it's time to move on. I want a sling that will keep the rifle secure while I'm on the move. Any recommendations for a comfortable 3 pointer? I did do a search. However, most threads deal with a single point slings.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 9:25:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 10:15:14 PM EDT
[#2]
specter gear makes a good 3 point sling i bought mine from operationparts.com. Good company to deal with have bought 2 or 3 items from him and has been a very good expierence. nice guy
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 2:42:32 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I carried a  Tactical Tailor 3 point sling for years, and it did a 3 point job very well.  I disliked all of the single point slings that I had tried until I used the ASP.  

Stick:

I know that you are a big proponent of the ASP. That's the one I have
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 4:34:28 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 5:00:56 AM EDT
[#5]
3 point slings are a waste IMHO. A 2 point will do everything a 3 point will with less going on.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 7:20:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Looking at a 3 point sling, I see two points where the sling is connected to the rifle, so Why is it called a 3 point?
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 8:52:53 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
3 point slings are a waste IMHO. A 2 point will do everything a 3 point will with less going on.

Ditto, and no plastic "thingies" to break
Riposte
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 6:32:12 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Looking at a 3 point sling, I see two points where the sling is connected to the rifle, so Why is it called a 3 point?

The third POC is the sling attaching back on itself to form the short loop that goes around your torso.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 9:04:03 AM EDT
[#9]

Any recommendations for a comfortable 3 pointer?

If you haven't already, you should take a look at Ashley's SOC-C from Blue Force Gear. Extremely well made product and comfortable as well.

Ditto, and no plastic "thingies" to break

Have you done any destructive testing on plastic hardware? I have and I can tell you first hand that they are far more stout than you give them credit for. I can hang my full body weight from my ASP without issue (which is far more weight than any portable firearm). Even had Stickman perform the deep freeze test with the same results.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top