Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/28/2006 9:46:35 PM EDT
I'm looking at purchasing a Harris Bipod (BRM-S)  and then being able to use it on my M4 Bushy. I use the stock carbine HG's....    I'd like to be able to quickly attach and remove the bipod.   Can you guys give me any suggestion on methods of attachment to my M4 please?  I would really apprecaite the info!

Mike
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 9:50:32 PM EDT
[#1]
You could get one of the short add-a-rails from one of our dealers that bolt on to the standard handguards through the lower vent holes, and use it in conjunction with a quick release bipod mount. I think LaRue and ARMS both have one that were designed specifically for the Harris type bipods.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 4:27:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Harris actually makes an attachment for this.You take off your handguards,file down a post on the inside of the handguard and screw on the attachment.The pivot thing pokes out through one of the vent holes on the bottom of the handguard.I think the part is like $15-20.

This is the cheapest way.

I think this is it,Harris Adapter #2,it's been a while since I bought mine:

Order HERE I believe this vendor (Mounting Solutions Plus)is a site supporter as well.$11 ,even cheaper than I thought/paid.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 5:36:06 AM EDT
[#3]

The Harris adapter is the cheapest way to attach a bipod to a HG but it is certainly not QD.  You still have to loosen the thumbscrew just like you would on a conventional swivel stud...basically that is all the adapter is anyways.

A true QD method would be the using the rail section method.  Attach a short section through your vent holes and then get a QD adapter.

Good Luck
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top