Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/20/2006 6:07:59 PM EDT
I picked up an M3 Bipod from the local surplus store cheap. Some guy getting out of the Army came by and sold all his stuff to the store. It is in a nylon sheath with 2 snaps and an alice clip on the back. It will not clip on completely and open all the way on my Bushmaster barrel although it doesn't slip and I could proboaly use it. I am assuming it is for the M-16 and is spring loaded to clip on the cut out area of the GI barrel just in front of the gas block. Is that where it is supposed to attach?
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 1:13:03 PM EDT
[#1]
No one knows?  
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 4:18:16 PM EDT
[#2]
They are cheap at best.  If you like it, and you think it works, go ahead and use it.  They aren't made for the M4 cutout that I've seen.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 8:01:14 PM EDT
[#3]
What are they issued for? I assumed the M-16 or M4 version since that is the current standard infantry weapon.  I am just curious. If I use it I may have to modify the cutouts on the bipod for a better fit to my barrel. You are right, they are sheet metal.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 8:19:19 PM EDT
[#4]
if you keep using that thing, you will end up asking how to remove the scratches sooner or later...

Link Posted: 1/22/2006 11:23:47 AM EDT
[#5]
They were made for M16a1 rifles with light weight barrels.Your Bushmaster probably has a .75 barrel under the front sight base and that is why the bipod does not close completely.SJR556.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 4:21:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Oh well I only paid 10 bucks for it. At the least I bought myself a little piece of history. I wondered about the scratch potential.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top