Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/22/2005 2:59:54 PM EDT
I was attaching a Harris bipod to my AR handguard using the #5 AR-15 Handguard Adapter.  It says to use a bit of Loctite on the thread that attaches the adapter to the handguard.  I thing blue would be the way to go but I want to be 100% sure.  Anybody.  Thanks
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 3:54:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Blue should work just fine. Red is a bit stronger and it will be a little tougher to remove the screw if ou ever want or need to take the adapter off.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 4:05:19 PM EDT
[#2]
+1 for the blue LocTite. Unless you want to break out the torch and breaker bar to get a little nut off, stay away from the red stuff.

Make sure that you only use a little bit, as in just enough to coat the threads. The whole point of threadlocker is to dry and form an interference medium to fill the space between the nut and the screw.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 4:06:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Blue it is.  Thanks
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 8:37:55 AM EDT
[#4]
blue will suffice
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top