Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/3/2005 5:42:04 AM EDT
I should know this, but I guess I'm brain locked this morning.

I have a heavy buffer for a short collapsible stock tube.  I am going to change it back to the standard fixed stock, and I wonder, can I leave the heavy buffer in the longer tube?

Will it bottom out and screw up the tube/receiver?

I want to use the heavier tube, as I'm going to be shooting a friends Lightning Link, and so I want to keep the ROF down.

I would think I could run a shorty heavy buffer in either set up, but not the long buffer in the short tube.

Sorry, as I said I'm brain farted today.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 4:35:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Do not do that, the carbine buffer is too short (gas key will bottom out on rear of reciever and I think it would be ugly.)  The only way this could possibly be done would be with a spacer of proper length installed in rec. extension. You should stick to the proper buffer designed for each stock. Just my $.02.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 6:56:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Always use the carbine buffer with a carbne buffer tube and a rifle buffer with a rifle buffer tube.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top