Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/8/2005 8:42:16 PM EDT
Hey all,

So after reading everything on here on slings I'm more confused than before. Any rec's on a convertable 3/1 point sling. No particular purpose for it, but it'd be nice to get one that does both vs buying two separate slings before picking what I like. I know several of you have a nice assortment hanging out in the closet......  SOC-C seems to be a leading contender. Any cheaper solutions?

Link Posted: 9/8/2005 9:53:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Ok, I run a Tactical Tailor 3-point on my patrol carbine, and I have a CQB Solutions (Now Spectre) on my Dissy. A 3-pt can be used as a 1-pt by simply moving the slider that is on the portion of the webbing closest to the gun rearwards towards the rear sling hookup. What this does is takes the loop and pretty much frees everything up and makes the loop around your body conform to your body instead of the gun. It will also make the gun hang straight down and give you the ability to shoot from either shoulder like a 1-pt.
A 3-pt can also be used as a 2-pt, simply by legnthening the strap that goes around the body, and then just wearing it with no webbing between you and the rifle-all of it goes over your shoulder.

To me, if you don't mind making an adjustment or two when yu need a particular method of carrying,t he 3-pt is the most flexible platform you have, as it does it all.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 6:34:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Welcome to the forum!

I also prefer a 3 point sling to a 1 or 2 point sling, and use a Giles made by Wilderness  thewilderness.com/catalog/default.php/cPath/1_9?osCsid=612c
147bc95d7c7ebe0d224beecec93d
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top