Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/4/2005 5:53:41 PM EDT
Im a grip-homo

I recently obtained a Mag-pul MIAD and installed it on my M4.  I LIKE IT.   The texturing gives a nice hold, and the added width just feels right.  Im so used to the standard A2 that I went with the flat back and finger groove front.  Installed the end cap thats going to allow me to store a spare bolt and firing pin.  I skipped the trigger guard front strap.  Guess Im still clinging to traditional.  That setup is going on ALL of my ARs.

Sorry, no pics.  Im digital cameraless these days.  Now to see if I can break it
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 6:16:55 PM EDT
[#1]

Dont worry someone will design something better next week and we can all switch again.I am still in my Tango Down phase!
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 7:49:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 10:45:25 PM EDT
[#3]
sorry lump...im still a hogue-omo
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 10:46:43 PM EDT
[#4]
I knew it..................now pick up a Hogue Grip, you will be glad you did
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 11:07:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 11:48:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Got one - like it.  There may be more in the future.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 4:36:30 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 6:13:00 AM EDT
[#8]
I need to try one and it's good excuse to get a new lower!

We all know where that extra lower will take us...
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 9:13:18 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I'll be damned.

+1

I never would have believed this day would finally come. Lumpy finally came out of the closet on grips.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 4:16:58 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 4:27:02 AM EDT
[#11]
I have one with the mid sized backstrap and the new triggerguard. I like it, and it makes my 7 pound three stage trigger a little more bearable. The tangodown is a little thin for me.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 7:12:16 AM EDT
[#12]
So is the regular kit enough or do you need the enhanced one with all the extra parts? Not having tried one, I'm not sure if I need to spend the extra money.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 10:25:01 AM EDT
[#13]
So is this like you're way of saying you might have the horrendous gear queer gene?
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 10:26:37 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
So is this like you're way of saying you might have the horrendous gear queer gene?

Ive never denied being a gadget kid
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 4:44:22 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Ive never denied being a gadget kid

I hear that. I'm definitely afflicted with it. Reality just doesn't allow me to be influenced by it as much as I would like.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 3:31:16 AM EDT
[#16]
How long did it take you to get it from the time you ordered?  I'm still waiting for mine to come!  I ordered it on the 3rd and it's the 9th!
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 9:31:15 AM EDT
[#17]
Lancelot,

I'll give you my perspective, FWIW.

I would say it come down to a couple of questions.  If you have not tried any other type of grip that is deeper towards the back, you might want to get the extras.  Probably cheaper to try the kit than to try buying other makers extended grips.  If your fingers are a bit long, or in my case, you do precision shooting, you might like the extended backstrap.  Your avatar indicates that you might shoot with gloves.  I like the deepened trigger guard for this.

As to the various compartment accessories, I thought that I really did not need to worry about that.  Turns out that the insert for the 3 spare cartridges can have the rubber cartridge insert removed, and you can just use it as a cap.  Lots of room for goodies, like my 1/2 wrench that is shorted to work with my Nightforce ring nuts.  There is a lot of flexibility with the entire kit.  I am not really changing components for different situations.  I just found one combination that works well.  Lightyears ahead of the standard configuration.

Craig
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top