Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/10/2005 10:02:29 PM EDT
As above.  Where are the best prices on quality rail protectors? I just paid $12.00 apiece for Ergo brand protectors.   While they are indeed excellent quality, and I understand that this is a small market (such as , compared to WallyWorld) here in the AR15 world, I still feel like this market economy stuff is not quite working here.  Again, no knock on the quality, and I'm sure somebody had to eat the start up costs.  But, $12 for a 40 cent product?  I think there's a niche about to be filled.

Thanks,

Rick

Link Posted: 5/11/2005 3:38:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Due to the cost of the molds, fees for drawling to produce the molds, mold makers (tool and die), cost of any petroleum products used to make the product, shipping, packaging, shipping to customer, limited market, mark up to make money, you get the idea.  Yes it could be .40c  worth of materials, but $12.'s isn't that bad. I had a small business making HO (trains) houses and passenger cars and I know first hand that it takes $$$$$$$$'s to just get the mold work done to start.
Link Posted: 5/11/2005 3:54:39 PM EDT
[#2]
I have been browsing the web the last couple of days for some MagPul XT rail covers, and found that most of the dealers here on AR15.com are within a few dimes of each other.  Often times the deal breakers are customer service (including having it in stock) and shipping costs.
Link Posted: 5/12/2005 12:52:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the info, guys.  I know most of the companies making products for our market are usually interested in the AR first, and the business idea comes later.  Most of these outfits aren't very big and I am generally impressed with the efforts at quality and service, especially the industry partners of this group.  I also think it's good for people to make a profit and livlihood.  All that being true, $12 each is ouch. The quad rail fore grip is $125 and 4 rail covers is $48.  And then I cut them up!      
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 10:38:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Try here   Tactical Supplies
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 5:25:27 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 9:33:17 AM EDT
[#6]
Ok, I'll have to settle this problem...

I can get you Magpul/Ergo ladder panels for half of what these guys are saying.  

I found a guy through Ebay and can get you in touch with him.

$7 per rail +$2 shipping
$0.25 shipping on each additional rail

4 full rails = $37.75 shipped

CB OD or BLACK

6-15/16" (17.6cm) long, covers 18 cross-slots

Link Posted: 5/20/2005 5:53:43 AM EDT
[#7]
+1 for Grant.  You'll have it quick!

You can also check at the bottom of this page.  I have no experience with these covers though.
www.yhm.net/store/forearms.html
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 5:27:01 PM EDT
[#8]
http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=22&t=255448
Go there, The tac solution has some good people, ordered mine no problem, work perfect.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 5:39:45 PM EDT
[#9]
$7 a piece isn't good enough?
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 12:16:26 AM EDT
[#10]
i like the magpul ladders and panels
recently handled some tango down panels and like them too.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 6:39:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Brownell's has them for $6 for leos.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 1:35:00 AM EDT
[#12]
$ 7 each is great...  but between the time I first posted (5-12) and learning of $7 each (5-19) I went ahead and bought through my local shop.  He pays $9 each to sell for $12.  

Thanks to all for the feedback.  

JosephR:  I would still like the info on your ebay guy if possible.  Thanks  [email protected]

Rick

Semper Gumby
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top