Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/14/2004 1:39:02 PM EDT
I just started using a drop leg holster, and now my patrol sling is an issue. When I drop my primary weapon to transition to pistol, it hangs more horizontally than vertically which puts the butt of the rifle right in the path of my normal drawstroke. I have to swing up and around the butt of the rifle to the sight picture. It helps to hold the primary weapon off to my left with my left hand and then let go when I bring my hands together as I come on target. This to me is no good for performance under stress, too many movements.

I changed from an over the shoulder sling position to around the neck, and that results in the weapon dropping more vertically. But the sling around the back of the neck sucks, it's only 1" nylon. How about some recommendations on slings? I am using an old Boonie Packer I think it's called, with a soft nylon ring around the handuards. The front sling is attached to this loop, the rear to the top sling loop on the telestock. I have avoided the sling issue because I do not have access to a lot of examples to lay my hands on, and there are too many damn options.

What are some good suggestions, and what other hardware do I need to implement them?  On my colt, I am keeping the standard handguards.  I will also be building an M4 with a railed handguard.

TIA....

Link Posted: 10/14/2004 1:44:26 PM EDT
[#1]
get an Eagle Industries sling. tas-3 or other

eagle
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 3:11:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Specter Gear (formerly CQB Solutions) CST.

www.spectergear.com/cst_sling.htm
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 4:10:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Top Top