Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/28/2004 4:43:15 PM EDT
Hi,

Now that the dreaded AWB has sunset (and hoping that Hemingway was wrong....) I'm determined to add every evil feature to my Bushy 16"er. I've got an M-4 stock, and I've looked into getting the barrel threaded, but I'm hesitant about shipping any part of my AR anywhere. (UPS isthe devil) I can't find anyone locally who will do it reasonably.

Does anybody make a flash hider that uses set screws, like some muzzle breaks I've seen? It'd be much cheaper, and less stressful, than getting the barrel sent out.

Any hints?

Larry
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 6:53:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Why, are you interested in launching your new toy downrange during your first range session

Yes, I'm serious.  I've read more than a few accounts of this happening with the muzzle attachements you describe.

You can buy a threading kit from these guys, do it yourself and resell it.  I've used their kit on different guns and had good results.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 11:28:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Raider,

Thanks for the link. Did you run into any problems threading your own barrel? I'm just concerned about screwing up my beloved Bushy...any pitfalls, or is it as simple as the website makes it look?

Larry
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 11:39:34 AM EDT
[#3]
The threaded adapter works very well and did it right the first time.  The only thing I think, is not to butt the adapter up to the muzzle when starting the thread.  This tended to pull the threads of the die across the adapter and chewed up the thread on the adapter a bit.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top