Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/8/2004 12:18:49 PM EDT
I am new to this.I just bought a RRA 16" Car and now I want to put a verticle grip on it.What do I need to mount it,How much$$ and what is the best grip for the $.

thanks
david
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 3:40:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Well, since noone is "bucking up" an opinion, I will.  I love the vertical grip idea and the look.  Function and appearance is +.

The best price for what you need I've found thru CDNN Investments.  Do a search and you'll find their web site.  You'll need a rail to attach to the underside of your existing forearm and then the actual vert grip.  CDNN has a Picatinny Forearm Rail that attaches to your forearm for $8.99 (part#JMA1505NB) and the Vertical Grip for $19.99 (part#AARH).  with shipping you're looking at around $35.  Not bad to try it out and see if you like it.  I just ordered this set-up for one of my ARs to check out the quality.  I imagine it isn't as tough as some of the systems out there (like I've purchased for other ARs...), but at 50% or greater off the cost of the others, it is a deal and you don't feel bad if you get it, install and don't like it.  I'd rather blow $35 than $100 from GG&G or the like unless you have extra money laying around, or really know what you want and are willing to spend bucks for a specific set-up....my .02$!

Cheers!
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 4:57:29 PM EDT
[#2]
You can try a bolt-on rail and a cheapo vfg just to see if you're going to like it.
But do remember that the only thing holding it on is the plastic handguards on your carbine.  In other words, not much.  I went this route just to see if I liked it and did.

From their you need to move to a rail system and a better grip.

If $$$$ is an issue, and you do want a solid rail system, I suggest the Surefire M73.  Grant at G&R Tactical is the man on these things.  He will shoot you a great price, no doubt.
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 5:15:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Amen on the less strength of the "bolt-on" set-up, however, like I said, then you're looking at $200 or more with the vert grip.  I had the GG&G rail mounted on my M4-gery for awhile and was pleased with the overall effect/strength for what it was.  Is it as strong as my ARMS #50?  No it is not.  But if you're unsure if you're a candidate for the vert grip, an investment of $30-35 is better and might fill the need or answer the question rather than jumping in the deep end and finding you're not fond of the vert grip set-up.  NO FLAME INTENDED, just my .02$ again...

FYI, I discarded(sold off) my GG&G orig set-up for the ARMS #50 for my EoTech and ARMS #40 rear sight.  VERY nice STRONG set-up, but not cheap.  I found I really liked the vert grip, so I made the plunge for the best (not trying to start an argument on which is better!).  That SureFire forearm system new to the market does look very interesting and will prob be a BIG seller!

Cheers to all.
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 11:03:57 PM EDT
[#4]
thank you! I apreciate the replys and everyones time.everyone in the local gun stores has wanted to sell me $100 forearms no including the grip.

david
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top