Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/12/2003 8:05:04 PM EDT
I just threw together a 20" standard rifle with A-2 stock out of spare parts lying around the shop. Want to put a CQB CST sling on it but dislike the idea of wrapping a bunch on nylon around the buttstock.

Has anybody tried using a GG&G single point sling point as the rear mount for a conventional 2-point tac sling setup?

Thanks in advance.

SD
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 3:46:03 AM EDT
[#1]
I have the Daniel Defense single pt. sling on a stubby stock & like it alot. It lowers the loop more than the GGG unit so you get hung up on charging handle. It may lenghten you A2 by 1/8" or so. -Justin
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 5:32:04 AM EDT
[#2]
I would also recommend the Daniel Defense single point sling mount...I believe they call it the Burnsed Loop, or something like that...The GG&G unit is a nuckle buster....

I think Military Moron had a set up on his website like you are wanting to do.

Link Posted: 12/13/2003 7:24:46 AM EDT
[#3]
I tried this set up and did not care for it - the bolt release always seemed to be blocked by the sling, and the butt seemed to flop around more than I liked when walking, running etc.  Try the CST installed normally and see if you like it - I do.

Here's a dissenting vote on the DD sling mount - I find it to be a thumb slicer as compared to the GG&G.  When deactivating the safety, the DD carbine loop cut into my thumb knuckle mercilessly.  Since I use the safety more than the charging handle, I prefer the GG&G plate.  A PRI military lach gives a little more clearance than the stock latch.

I have a GRSC plate with the round hole to try next with a MOUT sling, but this will not work with the heavy 1 1/4" webbing of the CST.
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 4:02:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top