Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/22/2003 12:55:14 PM EDT
They look cool but are they functional? Prone to breakage? I would be replacing a post ban "fixed" collapsible on a M4 mock. Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/22/2003 4:19:05 PM EDT
[#1]
At the right edge of the screen in the bar with the grey background is a link titled 'Search'  Click that and use ARFX as your search criteria.  Or just browse around.  Either way you're sure to find at least a few of the numerous threads about this stock.

Link Posted: 9/22/2003 4:55:51 PM EDT
[#2]
The short answer I'll give you about mine is that I love it, but don't think I'd have it as my only stock on my only AR.  I have 5, 3 have reg stocks, one has a tele (pre-ban) and the last has an Ace.  It makes for a very light rifle that is handy as hell, but I can't help thinking it isn't going to be as durable for a field rifle.  Your call, what do you plan on it role being?
Link Posted: 9/22/2003 5:14:55 PM EDT
[#3]
First of all...WOW!  How did I miss that the Search function is actually back.  How long has that been around?  Wasn't it down for like ever????

As to the original poster, I have the short entry versoin of the the ARFX and absolutely love it.  Only stock on my only AR, but then again, it is my first. [;D]
Absolute best advice I could give you is to find somewhere that you could shoulder a rifle with the stock you are thinking about.  I was dead set on a fixed telestock until I shouldered this stock at a local store (they were building up a custom AR for someone).  As to reliability, I haven't heard a single horror story about them.

Here's a pic:
[img]http://www.hunt101.com/img/056122.JPG[/img]
Link Posted: 9/22/2003 6:28:32 PM EDT
[#4]
I like the hell out of mine! I don't really dig the telescoping stocks much, though, I guess they have their place. I had originally bought one for my M96 then I found out that they made them for ARs also, so I had get it too. IMO, they're very functional with a solid feel to it. I'm in the process of building another AR and I plan on outfitting it with an ACE, also. So, I guess...yea! [;)]
Link Posted: 9/25/2003 10:23:55 AM EDT
[#5]
I own two and just got finished ordering the new M4SOCOM version.  I love mine.  Rock solid and very comfortable when shouldered.  Don't hesitate, buy it.  My .02 worth.
Link Posted: 9/25/2003 10:31:55 AM EDT
[#6]
I bought one when they first came out.  I have it on one of my lightweight carbines and really love it.

On an only semi-related note, I have had one of their non-folding tubular stocks on one of my AKs for years without any problems.  I wouldn't hesitate to buy another of their products.  (That being said, I'll probably use a VLTOR on my next build, just because I don't have one yet... [:D])
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top