Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/16/2003 9:12:06 AM EDT
I am trying to make a sling similar to the Seal operator's in Tears of the Sun.  He used 3/8" OD Green Bungee cord, forming loops on each end that I assume are crimped or taped, and then attatched these loops to his sling swivels.  This let the sling hang down when not in use but then would hold the weapon close to the body when slung.  Any advice would be helpful in getting this done.

I can email photos of this setup as I cannot figure out how to insert photos on here.

Link Posted: 7/16/2003 12:23:45 PM EDT
[#1]
look at brownells they have a bungee sling called the tactical quick sling or something to that effect.they work well
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 12:49:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Maybe email the guy in these Ebay ads?

[url]http://ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=192465&w=searchPop[/url]
Link Posted: 7/25/2003 11:07:22 AM EDT
[#3]
I made one, they're easy and cheap. Buy a regular bungie cord at Lowe's and take off the hooks on each end. Pry the crimped thingies (save them for later) and put a keyring on the bungie. Re-crimp the clamps and attach to gun with keyring.

It sounds like a jerry-rig but it actually works nice.
Link Posted: 7/25/2003 11:24:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Talk to New-ARGuy.  He has a bungee sling.

ZM Weapons makes one also.
Link Posted: 7/26/2003 8:52:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Royal Arms in Calf. make's a bugie sling in 3 different length's. Here is a link to a picture.

www.shawnstactical.com/specials.html
Link Posted: 8/4/2003 10:59:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/5/2003 12:33:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I used a bungee sling for a few weeks, and almost knocked out a whole mouth of teeth jumping over a tree limb when it bounced back up at me. Fortunately I just buttstocked my jawbone instead, but it still wasn't ideal. Be careful...[BD]
View Quote

That's what I was thinking!
Not that I'm a high speed commando or nothing but it would really suck if when rappeling or in the heat of battle your rifle got snagged, jerked, suspened and released into whatever part or orifice of your body. Most likely your face/head area. The whole bungee cord thing seems damn stupid IMHO.

"Damnit my assault rifle ASSAULTED ME!"
Link Posted: 8/5/2003 1:56:43 PM EDT
[#8]
I saw that on the 3 stooges ...with a musket !
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top