Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/10/2021 10:59:12 AM EDT
I ordered a Vortex Razor III 1-10 to replace my 4x ACOG and I need suggestions for a mount.

I would like a standard height (similar to acog) and to be able to mount the scope about equal to the charging handle. I also don't really want a super bulky / heavy mount.

The ADM mounts with QD look pretty good, but I don't really know what model or length is best for my needs. Another option I was considering was the Aero Precision ultralight, but I don't know what size I would need.

Not really looking to spend more than $250 on the mount.

Here is the rifle it's going on.
Link Posted: 5/10/2021 11:03:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Skip the Aero mount.  There have been numerous reported durability issues and they’re unnecessarily difficult to mount a scope in.

ADM or Larue for QD.  Badger (either Unimount or C1), NF, Geissele for non-QD.

Also, If you’re accustomed to the short eye relief of that TA31 and the resultant “nose to charging handle” shooting position, you’re going to want the ocular farther forward than the charging handle.  The Razor has significantly more eye relief than that ACOG.
Link Posted: 5/10/2021 11:05:41 AM EDT
[#2]
For a budget friendly (non-QD) and ultra reliable mount I'd go with Warne.

https://warnescopemounts.com/product/gen-2-extended-skeletonized-34mm-msr-mount-dark-earth/
Link Posted: 5/10/2021 12:27:04 PM EDT
[#3]
I can get used to a different eye relief. I usually run the stock fully extended on everything except my acog where I have to run it on the first notch out. It's actually a bit uncomfortable shooting offhand with the stock this short.

I'm thinking the ADM Recon mount is probably what I want to go with unless the LaRue is inherently better.

Would this mount work well? https://www.admmfg.com/recon-m-1-piece-scope-mount-mid-with-2-offset

Not sure what forward offset I need. Looks like 2" should work but I don't know for sure. I'v also seen allot of posts on here talking about 1.7" high mounts feeling better to use.
Link Posted: 5/10/2021 12:51:23 PM EDT
[#4]
I will take : Badger Ordnance - Condition One Modular - 34mm

And later, I will add a red dot.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top