So I don’t need a combat ready optic
I have aimpoint for my dots
Trij lpvos
No eotechs.... yet lol

Thanks in advance!
Drj
Link Posted: 11/8/2018 11:18:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Not great. Made the mistake of thinking it’d be better than a mk6. Not even close.

Shitty illumination. Knobs that can be compromised. I liked the reticle. But the cmr-w556 kicks it’s ass.
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 8:01:40 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a few of them. I actually have one here for sale. I have/had NX8's, Kahles and Vudu's for LPVO's. The illumination is for low light only, it is not daylight bright. However the reticle is designed to be run without illumination. For the money, the glass is very clear and distortion free and the scope does a great job of disappearing for a FFP scope. The turrets not locking is my biggest gripe. The reticle change from 1x to 6x always wow's people as it is a pretty neat concept that works. The BDC at 6 power is basic but usable. It is also a fairly lightweight optic which is nice. You are getting Light Optic Works-Japan glass and durability at a really good price as long as you don't mind the turrets and lack of daylight bright illumination.
Link Posted: 11/10/2018 10:44:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Good info
Ty!
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 11:44:25 AM EDT
[#4]
I actually really like my Vudu, in fact I sold my Vortex 1-6 PST and 1-6 Razor after I got it I liked it so much. Weight, optical clarity, and reticle design (with FFP in mind) were all strong points for me. Illumination is OK but is also a non issue for me, since it's plenty bright enough for low light situations or any scenario when I would want an illuminated reticle. If you want illumination that will sear your retinas like tuna steaks, look elsewhere. My least favorite thing is the exposed knobs, but I haven't had any issues with that so far.

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Not great. Made the mistake of thinking it’d be better than a mk6. Not even close.

Shitty illumination. Knobs that can be compromised. I liked the reticle. But the cmr-w556 kicks it’s ass.
View Quote
I picked up my Vudu new for $815, while a new MK6 is $2200.
$1385 is a big price difference and I would surely hope that the Leupold would be better in some way.
The price difference kinda puts it in a different tier IMO.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top