Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/11/2018 10:53:27 PM EDT
I have a KAC 300M Micro that goes right one click when I raise the sight, and left two clicks when I put it back down.

This is obviously a fucked up situation.

Is there a way to get more tension on the windage knob detent, or do I call Knight's?
Link Posted: 8/11/2018 11:57:54 PM EDT
[#1]
It's a known problem, mine has it too.
I've used loctite on the threads and marked it so I'll know if it shifts.
I'm pretty sure KAC's solution was to use the Aluminium based ones.
Link Posted: 8/12/2018 4:59:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It's a known problem, mine has it too.
I've used loctite on the threads and marked it so I'll know if it shifts.
I'm pretty sure KAC's solution was to use the Aluminium based ones.
View Quote
I haven’t checked if my base is aluminum or not? If not, were sol? I haven’t checked if my shifts or not but didn’t worry about it since reading that they all do it but that it always goes back into place. So as long as its zeroed, its fine.
Link Posted: 8/12/2018 7:56:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Mine will sometimes click right once when I raise it, left twice when I fold it down.   Sometimes only right once and stay there when I fold it down.  I'm calling KAC tomorrow, hopefully they take the POS and swap it.   It's brand new.
Link Posted: 8/12/2018 9:04:19 PM EDT
[#4]
I fixed two of my KAC 600m micros that did this.

Lube the shit out of it and work it up and down like 100 times while it’s mounted to the upper.   Will smooth everything out and will not move when flipped up or down.

Worked on two of mine.  The third one I have didn’t  have that issue.
Link Posted: 8/12/2018 9:37:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I fixed two of my KAC 600m micros that did this.

Lube the shit out of it and work it up and down like 100 times while it’s mounted to the upper.   Will smooth everything out and will not move when flipped up or down.

Worked on two of mine.  The third one I have didn’t  have that issue.
View Quote
The fix.

My most recent new one doesn’t doesn’t budge though. I really wasn’t worried about it though. It moved slightly but seemed to return to zero once engaged.
Link Posted: 8/13/2018 7:21:08 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I haven't checked if my base is aluminum or not? If not, were sol? I haven't checked if my shifts or not but didn't worry about it since reading that they all do it but that it always goes back into place. So as long as its zeroed, its fine.
View Quote
Steel based are the smaller ones, and the aluminum-based are the larger ones.
SteelAluminum
I prefer the steel ones because their smaller. I've only had this problem with a 300m steel based. All other KAC rear sights, I've had without any problems.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top