Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/16/2017 10:23:34 AM EDT
I see the Burris XTR II with the uncapped turrets is on sale, is being uncapped even though it has a Zero Stop a deal breaker? Would you recommend the Burris XTR II Rifle Scope over the Trijicon Accupower 1-4x24, or the Steiner PX4I 1-4x24, and why?
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 4:12:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Exact same scopes that were on my list.  Ended up with the Burris because I got an awesome deal from Midway.  The uncapped turrets are addressed in this YouTube video

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=A2ixYAkiaVs

by Superset. I agree it's a non-issue.  I can't comment on the other scopes.
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 5:24:55 PM EDT
[#2]
I've only used the Steiner but it's fantastic, esp at that price - have one on order right now.  The XTR II is supposed to be great and I wouldn't sweat uncapped turrets so long as they're stiff enough, but I'd be surprised if it offers anything over the Steiner to justify the higher price other than a wee bit of additional zoom.

The Accupower does not have daylight bright illumination if that matters to you.
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 6:51:03 PM EDT
[#3]
I really like the reticle on the Burris but it is one heavy scope. I can get it for about the same as the Steiner which is slightly heavier than the Trijicon.
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 7:40:22 PM EDT
[#4]
The turrets on the Burris are VERY stiff.  And it is heavy, the reticle is quiet nice.
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 8:11:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Burris XTR ll

Big fan
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 9:14:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Is $500 a good price for the uncapped model?
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 9:36:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Others that watch the prices can provide you a more accurate answer, but from what I've seen...yes.  Also, having fondled and looked through mine, I think they are  very attractive at non-sale prices.  Great bang for buck, especially at these sale prices.  YMMV
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 10:52:17 PM EDT
[#8]
As a pleased AccuPower owner, I'd try the Steiner if I had to buy another 1-4x
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 11:05:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Shot the Steiner today. I have some experience with the Trijicon and used some of the XTR II line but they were the higher powered models. I'm absolutely in love with the Steiner. I like it better than the Vortex Razor 1-6 I used to own. One I played with today was on a 14.5 BCM upper and I was making hits at 550 without much issue. Great glass, dot is super bright and it doesn't weigh a ton. If you can't tell I really like the Steiner.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 7:18:58 AM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Shot the Steiner today. I have some experience with the Trijicon and used some of the XTR II line but they were the higher powered models. I'm absolutely in love with the Steiner. I like it better than the Vortex Razor 1-6 I used to own. One I played with today was on a 14.5 BCM upper and I was making hits at 550 without much issue. Great glass, dot is super bright and it doesn't weigh a ton. If you can't tell I really like the Steiner.
View Quote
What makes you like the Steiner more than the razor?
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 5:14:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Well I ordered the Steiner today, I appreciate everyone's feedback. The Steiner's weight was a major factor, plus I like the minimalist reticle that is daylight bright.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 7:40:09 PM EDT
[#12]
I think that's a great choice...
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top