Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/30/2015 12:27:33 AM EDT
Thanks in advance for any input.

I am looking at adding a red dot to my AR.   I have been reading about the Trijicon MRO but I am leaning towards to Aim Point Pro. in the $400 to $500 range is there anything else i should be looking at?  I returned my EOTech.  
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 12:35:33 AM EDT
[#1]
IMO I'd get an Aimpoint. If you want a micro you can usually find an H-1 in the EE within your range.
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 12:38:00 AM EDT
[#2]
After sighting in 2 MROs, an H1, and 2 Meprolight tru dot RDS sights on Saturday I can say give the Meprolight RDS a long hard look.  I enjoyed shooting all the listed optics but, my Father in Law (also shooting a MRO), my Mother in Law, my Father, and my Wife shot everything after sight in and they all commented positively and 'felt' most confident in the RDS.  I asked why and they all said because of the "bigger screen" and complete ease of operation and options.  

They all feel and act like quality optics but the RDS are just simple, intuitive, and take AA batteries so I figure there isn't much to not like.  Batteries are cheap and available so all my rifles have replacements in the grip, and all optics get new batteries every 6 months so while the Aimpoints ultra long run-time is an excellent feature I kind of negate it with my battery changing habits. YMMV
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 1:09:08 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Thanks in advance for any input.

I am looking at adding a red dot to my AR.   I have been reading about the Trijicon MRO but I am leaning towards to Aim Point Pro. in the $400 to $500 range is there anything else i should be looking at?  I returned my EOTech.  
View Quote

Aimpoint PRO hands down. I ran mine through several carbine courses and beat it to hell. Took if off several times and mounted on different rifles and still held zero. It's a beast!

Link Posted: 12/30/2015 1:14:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Aimpoint PRO hands down. I ran mine through several carbine courses and beat it to hell. Took if off several times and mounted on different rifles and still held zero. It's a beast!

View Quote

Same optic on different rifles and same zero? You're really lucky, dude.
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 1:19:41 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Mounted on the same spot, between my BCM and Colt LEO 6920.

Link Posted: 12/30/2015 2:01:27 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

still just luck. POI shift when swapping rifles is a fact of life, even between identical rifles.
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 8:43:11 AM EDT
[#7]
I dont know about the other optics but I do have an aimpoint pro . Been using it for 3.5 years and never had an issue . Its just there and always on. I like the 2 moa dot my eyes pick it up quick and it makes shooting small at 100 yds much easier . I also sent my eotech back recently and replaced it with a c-more railway sight with a 2 moa dot . It uses the same type battery as my aimpoint so I always have a couple of spares . I will say this much I dont really see any difference in speed for me between all three optics I mentioned .  I use my optics for hunting thick timber where shots are close and fast most of the time and thats where i have drawed my conclusion's so take my thoughts with a grain of salt but I think the aimpoint pro is the best bang for the buck.
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 9:14:31 AM EDT
[#8]
Just want to second others advice on the Aimpoint Pro. Have 2 of them and they have always been reliable.
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 10:58:53 AM EDT
[#9]
MRO.
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 11:25:55 AM EDT
[#10]
Honestly. I'm not going to war and after all of the beatings I've seen them take on YouTube I'm selling my T1 right now and getting a PA advanced dot. I'm sure it'll be fine for SHTF. The leftover money will go towards NOD's
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 4:25:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Thanks to everyone for their input.  I have look at all of the other recommended option and have ordered an Aimpoint Pro.  

Thanks again.
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 12:19:05 AM EDT
[#12]
A used H1/T1 would be in the ball park especially on the EE.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top