Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/25/2014 10:40:46 PM EDT
I got one for $386.00 from sheepdoggear 100% positive feedback. Hell even beat to hell it's worth that! It's a $900 red dot new but not backed by aimpoints lifetime warranty. Get on these while their here boys.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 11:56:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I got one for $386.00 from sheepdoggear 100% positive feedback. Hell even beat to hell it's worth that! It's a $900 red dot new but not backed by aimpoints lifetime warranty. Get on these while their here boys.
View Quote

Have you checked to see if it .gov? Far as I know they don't get surplussed out by the .mil.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 2:23:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Have you checked to see if it .gov? Far as I know they don't get surplussed out by the .mil.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Aimpoint can't tell you like Trijicon can.  Been there...done that.
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 7:47:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh yes they can..  I've had no troubles calling Aimpoint.

They're not surplus units. They grew feet and walked off. Aimpoint will not service them.  They were probably saved from the shredder like the Laws Guns Eotech's going around. This is the same deal..  The seller has a shit ton of them listed on Ebay and some of the more local boards.

The seller even claims no warranty. So if you're cool with that go for it.

"Up for bid is a GENUINE AIMPOINT COMPM4 in excellent condition. It is NOT a knock off, clone, or imitation. What you are bidding on is the real deal as used by our brave men and women overseas. The list price for this optic is $903! I am starting this out at $0.99 with NO RESERVE! I bought this for use on my personal rifles, but situations have come up where other things are more important. I have experience with many optic setups. In my opinion, the Aimpoint is hands down the best, most reliable and rugged red dot sight money can buy. If you've recently acquired a rifle since Firearmageddon, this would be the perfect companion. You can have up to 8 YEARS of constant on with this setup! No warranty with this Aimpoint. Rest assured, I ship USPS Priority just hours after you purchase, so you should have your Aimpoint in 3-5 days! If you have any questions, please feel free to ask. Thanks for looking!"
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 10:28:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Seems like it isn't worth it. You can get units on the EE in much better shape for slightly more money.
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 10:39:46 PM EDT
[#5]
OP is conspicuously silent on this.
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 10:43:44 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
OP has not been paying attention to his own thread
I havent recieved it yet but for the cost and the extremely low amount of issues I hear about  Aimpoints I went with it. Maybe too much gamble for some of you boys but I simply what the heck'd it!
I may even buy another one after I see the first one.
True, I could wait till one pops up on the board here for a little more & I may still but like I said "what the heck"
A local surplus store near me sells comp m1's for about what I have into this one and they have no warranty either.
They said they haven't had a single complaint about one yet. My view of Aimpoints reputation is a bit different because I am comparing them not only with other scope companys but also with other successful companies. Take Timex wrist watches as an example. (The old ones not the new overseas crap)  and their reputation for durability.
And for you younger dudes that don't know what I'm  referring to, Timex watches used to use the sales slogan TIMEX - " TAKES A LICK'IN & KEEPS ON TICK'IN "
Anyways, without a warranty it's kinda like buyin a used Bushnell or Nikon but with a better reputation.
Thats my take.
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 12:08:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

<snip>
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

<snip>

Well then I was lied to 2 separate times about it when I called them.  I was asked for the serial # and told "Well, that doesn't sound like one of the faked numbers".  I specifically asked about finding out about whether it was military property and was told they didn't know that information.
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 12:56:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Well then I was lied to 2 separate times about it when I called them.  I was asked for the serial # and told "Well, that doesn't sound like one of the faked numbers".  I specifically asked about finding out about whether it was military property and was told they didn't know that information.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

<snip>

Next time ask for John Enlow.  Aimpoint knows exactly what units went to the .gov and the ones sold to the public.
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 1:13:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I havent recieved it yet but for the cost and the extremely low amount of issues I hear about  Aimpoints I went with it. Maybe too much gamble for some of you boys but I simply what the heck'd it!
True, I could wait till one pops up on the board here for a little more & I may still but like I said "what the heck"
A local surplus store near me sells comp m1's for about what I have into this one and they have no warranty either.
They said they haven't had a single complaint about one yet. My view of Aimpoints reputation is a bit different because I am comparing them not only with other scope companys but also with other successful companies. Take Timex wrist watches as an example. (The old ones not the new overseas crap)  and their reputation for durability.
And for you younger dudes that don't know what I'm  referring to, Timex watches used to use the sales slogan TIMEX - " TAKES A LICK'IN & KEEPS ON TICK'IN "
Anyways, without a warranty it's kinda like buyin a used Bushnell or Nikon but with a better reputation.
Thats my take.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thats my take.

Aimpoint break just like everything else.
This was totally my fault. I accidently dropped the rifle this was mounted on.

It's very nice to have a warranty to fall back on.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top