Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/12/2013 5:31:19 PM EDT
Looking for sights that mount to a 1913 rail, but the top of the front sight post can't be any more than 0.8 inch above the rail. The goal is to be able to use the irons without removing the scope. Any ideas ??
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 5:47:09 PM EDT
[#1]
not sure of the height but troy makes short sights, micro, designed for higher rails.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 6:07:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
not sure of the height but troy makes short sights, micro, designed for higher rails.
View Quote

The "micro" refers to the height when the sight is folded down, I need sights that are short off the rail when ready for use.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 7:31:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

The "micro" refers to the height when the sight is folded down, I need sights that are short off the rail when ready for use.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Uhh no. They are made for rifles like the Scar and HK 416/417 that have taller rails.
http://www.skdtac.com/Troy-Micro-BattleSights-p/tro.316.htm

Micro on the right.

In my opinion, really short sights on an AR15 make for a really bad sight picture and check rest.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 8:48:53 PM EDT
[#4]
What scope is it? If it has much magnification you won't be able to see the front sight anyway.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 5:38:07 AM EDT
[#5]
I stand corrected. Thanks, I will check the dimensions. And I know the sight picture, cheek weld, etc will suck; I just want some last ditch irons  to use in the event of a sudden scope failure.

VANDAL- not trying to cowitness through the sight. I want to see the sights through the mount.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 6:08:31 AM EDT
[#6]
What mount and scope are you using?  Have you thought about just using a quick detach mount
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 8:19:46 AM EDT
[#7]
Primary Arms 6x scope with their high rings
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 8:24:48 AM EDT
[#8]
Kriss 2nd gen sights or MP-7 sights function like 3dot pistol sights when they are folded, and normal BUIS when they are up.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 7:29:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

The "micro" refers to the height when the sight is folded down...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The "micro" refers to the height when the sight is folded down...

That's only true of the KAC micros
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 7:48:03 PM EDT
[#10]
Why not use offset irons?
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 8:10:06 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Why not use offset irons?
View Quote
I agree.  This would be a much more ergonomic way of doing it.  If top level multigun shooters are doing it you can be pretty sure that it works, and works well.

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top