Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/21/2013 2:46:41 PM EDT
I usually switch between red dot and scope several times during each range session. I wanted to test the reliability of my set-up.

Shooting distance 50 yards with 5 shot groups

1.I zeroed the red-dot
2.Then took out the red dot, and installed the scope (Vortex Diamondback 2-7X35). I didn’t modify the setting on the scope since my last range trip. Shot the two groups on the on 2 orange 1” target. The first group isn’t that good because of a parallax issue (I made sure that my eye is on the position to minimize the parallax issue for the following shot). PEPR QD held zero
3.Took out the scope and mounted the red dot. Shot the black target. I was co-witnessing to get a crisper target/red dot. Bushnell mount held zero
4.Put back the scope and shot 2 other 5 shot groups: PEPR QD held zero
5.Put back the red dot and shot the center black target: Bushnell mount held zero

I did that a few more times, and both mounts held zero. I was hesitating getting a UTG mount instead of what came from the factory with the red dot, but after this experience, I’m going to keep this mount. It’s not a QD mount, but I could mount and dismount it with a quarter.
Overall I’m pretty happy with my set-up and wanted to share it.

Link Posted: 10/21/2013 2:50:51 PM EDT
[#1]
I also have had good luck with my Bushnell TRS-25 keeping zero.  On Friday night I took mine off my AR so a friend could see it on his AR.  I put it back on and Saturday morning I went shooting and my zero was right where I left it.  
Link Posted: 10/21/2013 4:21:12 PM EDT
[#2]
I just picked up the bushnell trs-25 hi rise setup. It seems rock solid. I was thinking about the amazon riser but why mess with what already works? Thx for the results. I will try mine soon.
Link Posted: 10/23/2013 5:40:18 AM EDT
[#3]
All this is helpful regarding the mount and riser.  But, just don't try the TRS-25 on a tactical 12 gauge shotgun with full power slugs or buckshot.  Mine would not hold zero after 5 shots.  It was not the riser.  I mounted it without that.  It was not the optic base.  It remained tight.  The issue is internal.  The dot drifts under heavy recoil. Not sure if it is movement in the turret system or the emitter or what.  I think shock (dropping the gun or inadvertently striking it) is likely to produce the same problem.  The included riser is fine.  I'm actually using it with a different micro now.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 12:32:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
All this is helpful regarding the mount and riser.  But, just don't try the TRS-25 on a tactical 12 gauge shotgun with full power slugs or buckshot.  Mine would not hold zero after 5 shots.  It was not the riser.  I mounted it without that.  It was not the optic base.  It remained tight.  The issue is internal.  The dot drifts under heavy recoil. Not sure if it is movement in the turret system or the emitter or what.  I think shock (dropping the gun or inadvertently striking it) is likely to produce the same problem.  The included riser is fine.  I'm actually using it with a different micro now.
View Quote

You’re correct. This is only a test regarding the mounts.
As you can see in my previous thread, Bushnell seems to have some QC issues. If yours is under warranty, I would definitely have it replaced. It’s not supposed to lose its zero on a shotgun.
http://www.ak47.net/forums/t_3_18/625347_.html
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top