Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/15/2013 8:19:29 AM EDT
Fortis F1

Anyone run one of these under your T1/H1?

How do you like it?

thanks!
Link Posted: 7/16/2013 11:41:06 PM EDT
[#1]
I had one for a short period. Nice mount super light, no qd if that's a must have.

If you don't care about the qd I think it's the one to go for.
Link Posted: 7/17/2013 8:17:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Great TY!
Link Posted: 7/17/2013 12:22:26 PM EDT
[#3]
I switched out a larue mount for the fortis one literally yesterday so i cant give a lot of feedback yet but what cop said seems to be right on the mark. No QD but super light. I was curious about how strong the thin pillars are, and they seem to be sturdy enough- I'm thinking any physical blow strong enough to break the mount would probably damage your aimpoint as well, but i dont know that for sure. Good, quality machining. Came in a plain cardboard box with a large vial of locktite (some kind of bubble wrap and an allen key would have been nice). I have mine positioned in the most forward slot and it hangs over the upper receiver about 1"

All in all, my initial impressions are positive. BTW, i got it from weapon outfitters- in stock for $70

Link Posted: 7/17/2013 12:28:49 PM EDT
[#4]
I got one about a week or two ago and except for the QD issue mentioned above I couldn't be happier.  It would take a pretty good blow to damage it I think.  It's super light and really adds a lot to the looks next to the REV.
Link Posted: 7/17/2013 7:48:14 PM EDT
[#5]
I don't have one, but had a REV rail--they make great stuff.  Beuatiful machining and coating, etc.

It is even .6 ounces lighter than the DD and you can position it a bit further forward (if you want that), but I think both are great for non-QD.  
For me, the larue lt660 still rules since its only like 2 ounces heavier, has QD, and a place to store an extra battery (or you can drill holes in it and get the QD for 1 extra ounce).  
For an SBR, I'd get a Fortis or DD.  
Both should be able to take insane amounts of abuse, but the square design of the DD may be stronger--we all saw the video of it being tortured with the DD gun--though I like the attachment design of the Fortis more.
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 4:14:52 PM EDT
[#6]
I went ahead and got one... It does seem very sturdy and very light... Awesome mount!

I'm calling her "The Patriot"

pre color fill

Post color fill
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top