Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/22/2012 7:52:59 AM EDT
Hey everyone - I hope all is well.  I dont want to get into a p223 discussion (that last thread was full of rude, mean and unprofessional comments)

I put the p223 on my colt Le6920 w/ full intentions to use the nikon mounts however I went into a local gunshop looking for a set scope caps and came out with a set of 'HAWKE' mounts. -  I took the scope in to size up the caps (they were out of stock) and then asked about the mounts.  He had an AR on the wall, pulled it down, grabed a set of the mounts and he set the scope on the AR w/the mounts.  They seemed ok He said he swore by them.  They are medium height and of couse my sight 'ghosted' in the field ofview,  It wasnt bad but it did make a difference in low light. so - I cut it off ––  look at the pics - turned out ok, anyone done this? It shouldnt effect anything else should it?  

Question#1 - Cutting and sanding the sight w/the DREMEL any ill-effects?

Question # 2 - I've looked for reviews on the mounts I cant find any-  They look and feel solid - any reviews or opinions?

I'm trying to add pics of the mounts and of the sight cutoff - I cant figure how to upload frm my computer.  how?

Oh and by the way, the P223 has been a great add on.  Very very quick taget acqusition. I havent zero'd it yet I'm concerned about the mounts...but at 125yds I'm hitting tennis balls easy and quickly.  I
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 8:03:04 AM EDT
[#1]
you'll have to upload your pics to a host site like imageshack
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 5:33:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Here's the pics of the front sight and the HAWKE mounts any know anything about HAWKE?

http://imageshack.us/a/img809/6818/le6920frntsight.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img252/1250/le6920mounts.jpg
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 3:37:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Wow...yes, you can clean up that FSB with a dremel, and either some cold bluing or high temp black paint.

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top