Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/28/2012 4:33:31 PM EDT
so I have a dilemma I have been building my second AR for about three months.  I have parts laying around from my first rifle and that's how this second build has appeared. It seems to happen a lot around here

One of the parts is an EO Tech 552 that I got in a steal from eBay ( $180) best red dot I have ever used liked my aimpoint comp M2 but really liked the bigger sight picture easy to lock on when hopping out of the truck and bringing the dot to a coyote. but now I have a nicer 1-4x30mm scope that is planted on my AR.

My second rifle is going to be a Mid length 16" rifle this one is for range/ HD/ Carbine course/ fun gun. Now this rifle is going to have a FSB and I don't know if I want a co witness with the EO tech and I find it really enjoyable to shoot irons should I sell the EO tech and send that money to my new gun fund or kept for future use?

I probably will not get that good of deal every again on an EO tech.

Link Posted: 3/28/2012 4:37:42 PM EDT
[#1]
I run an EOTech XPS on one of my builds with a Fixed Front Sight and while you can see it through the optic, it definitely does not get in the way when engaging targets. Took all but one range trip to get used to it but, its not an issueat all in my opinion. My vote is to keep it only cause of the deal you got.
Link Posted: 3/28/2012 4:44:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Sell your EOtech to me for $150 !  Would help me out lots!
Link Posted: 3/28/2012 4:48:36 PM EDT
[#3]
keep it, I like those sights.
Link Posted: 3/28/2012 4:50:49 PM EDT
[#4]
sorry was going to sell back on ebay for 300 cause the guy I bought it from said it didn't work it turns out he had the night vision on and drained the battery. the DumbArse hahaha greatest thing ever when I found that out I freaked out and laughed.  I was just going to call L3 and see if they could fix it for me for free.
Link Posted: 3/28/2012 4:55:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Me too, I am a heavy woodsball player in the summer and my marker got an EOtech clone as the second upgrade loved it. I tried the aimpoint on my AR 15 but went back to the EO tech
Link Posted: 3/28/2012 5:00:07 PM EDT
[#6]
I really like my eotech
Link Posted: 3/28/2012 5:13:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Me too, I am a heavy woodsball player in the summer and my marker got an EOtech clone as the second upgrade loved it. I tried the aimpoint on my AR 15 but went back to the EO tech

I was thinking about one of those clones for just a toy gun, any suggestions?
Link Posted: 3/28/2012 5:18:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was thinking about one of those clones for just a toy gun, any suggestions?

what do you mean by toy air soft or really a toy or a real rifle that is cheap?

It held zero through DDay oklahoma 2010 is that go enough for you? I tagged 60 some people in those few day

edit my model I purchased actually was night vision compatable for 150 bucks works good with my paintball version NVGs only thing different from the real EO tech on my model is not as bright and not waterproof.
Link Posted: 3/28/2012 5:27:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Both my rifles with EO's have fixed front and rear sights. I prefer lower 1/3 co-witness but I could live with absolute.

ETA: In case that wasn't clear, I vote keep it.
Link Posted: 3/28/2012 5:27:21 PM EDT
[#10]
really a toy, like an airsoft.

I've seen some of them, but I don't know who makes good ones and what not.
Link Posted: 3/28/2012 5:34:48 PM EDT
[#11]
i love my eotech. i have the exps 2-2
Link Posted: 3/28/2012 5:37:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Topic Moved
Link Posted: 3/28/2012 5:39:00 PM EDT
[#13]
I really want to like the EoTech

I had a 512 a few years agot hat drained batteries when off.

Got rid of that one.

Current SBR build I bought an EXPS2-2.  Love the reticle, hate the clunkiness and 600hr battery life.

Sold it after 1 week of consideration.

Aimpoint T1 2moa on the way
Link Posted: 3/28/2012 5:39:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
really a toy, like an airsoft.

I've seen some of them, but I don't know who makes good ones and what not.

personally since litterally no recoil I would say any of them even chinese ones u can get used ones on eBay for like 30 bucks and it has red or green fuction.

This is a good one

Clone
Link Posted: 3/28/2012 5:39:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Whoa doubletap
Link Posted: 3/28/2012 5:41:58 PM EDT
[#16]
EOTech here for my choice of RDS...512 and 517...AA batts ftmfw...
Link Posted: 3/28/2012 5:53:17 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Whoa doubletap

haha
Link Posted: 3/29/2012 7:47:59 AM EDT
[#18]
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top