Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/17/2011 3:23:54 AM EDT
THOUGHTS ON THE MILLETT 4-16X50 30MM????

Thinking on buying one for my Ruger SR556
Link Posted: 3/17/2011 3:58:26 AM EDT
[#1]
I love mine, but new advised..... THEY'RE BIG!!! The glass is on par with the non HD Super Sniper or Bushnell elite 3200. Good light transmission, which it had better have with that big 50mm objective. The adjustments are decent and positive but my elevation seems to drag just a little in one spot. It is because of the lock system, not the internals, and it does track well. Durability is not an issue, its built like a tank! The illumination is great. It floods the tube on high at night, but I generally like it just bright enough to see the reticle anyway.

All that said, its coming off the AR. It just is more than the little .223 round needs. I'm leaning towards a10x to end and the TRS is moving to a .308 (when I get one anyway). It was a good match when I had it on the 24" heavy barrel, but I stepped down to 18" and want something lighter weight.

Edit- Sorry, needed to go out for a fresh pic.

And some trigger time!
Link Posted: 3/17/2011 7:59:11 AM EDT
[#2]
I like Millett TRS-1. It performs great, especially when you take into account the cost of the scope compared to others that easily cost a lot more. The glass is clear, it has held it's zero on the .308 Savage I have it on, adjustments are precise, and it's just a good scope in general. I don't really use the illuminated feature, but I guess it's nice that it's there.

Like was said before, it is a large scope and is somewhat heavier than other scopes out there. It's not a Nightforce or US Optics by any means, but it's also nowhere near the price of one of those.

It might be a little big on an SR-556.

You can see the size with it on my budget $900 .5 MOA gun:

Link Posted: 3/17/2011 1:54:17 PM EDT
[#3]
I love mine also. Its built like a tank, but the size and weight doesn't bother me. Its a great scope for the price.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top