Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/18/2010 5:53:46 PM EDT
I am leaning towards the Burris XTR-14 for my AR15. Is 1 - 4X magnification appropriate for hunting Coyotes? If so, to how far out? I like the XTR-14 because I am trying to build an AR good for both entry and mid-range rifle work. I want to use my AR for hunting coyotes but when I am not hunting I also want it to be a good rifle for home defense. Am I headed in the wrong direction with this?
Link Posted: 4/18/2010 7:11:23 PM EDT
[#1]
the xtr would be a good scope for that , might also want to look at the leupold 1.5-5 's

reread the post i'd put it in a larue mount for when you go yote hunting but for HD i'd prob get an eotech or aimpoint to put on it when it's at home.
Link Posted: 4/18/2010 7:25:05 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a Burris XTR 3-12x50 and it works great for p-dogs and yotes at all ranges. For me 3x works great for short cqb drills with a little practice. It is heavy having that much scope though.
If I wasnt using a 12guage for HD and I was using my AR,i'd probably just remove the scope and use BUIS via QD scope mount for repeat-ability.my .02
Link Posted: 4/18/2010 7:31:08 PM EDT
[#3]
I don't know about the Burris but I use 2 Leupold 1.5-5's and love em for close range called coyotes but 250 is doable as well. Past that and I want more magnification.

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top