Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/18/2008 1:04:42 PM EDT
I have an M4 upper 16" flat top of course .
I have a YHM carbine length FF lightweight rail,
I have an eo tech 512 and a BUIS on the rear
id like to do away with the FSB because its in my view when useing the EOtech, it bothers me a little while focusing on targets
any suggestions ? i feel a gas block and a flip sight on the rail will not work to well being that is only a carbine length rail. and it would just look silly i think
thanks for any help
Nick
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 1:44:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Get a YHM gas bolck that hes the Flip sight built right in.

Link Posted: 10/18/2008 2:31:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Or you could get a longer FF rail, chop the FSB down and let the rail cover it.
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 2:43:02 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Get a YHM gas bolck that hes the Flip sight built right in.

Thats what I run on my 10.5.
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 3:12:41 PM EDT
[#4]
like this one?
does it have to be used with a gas block?
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 5:31:35 PM EDT
[#5]
NickoGlock

it bothers me a little while focusing on targets
any suggestions ?

Train harder and focus more on the target...

If your REALLY focusing on the target and your trigger press, this is not a issue.
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 6:32:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Good news, you don't have to do anything to your rifle.  Your rifle is fine.  Just get a riser for your Eotech, YHM makes a great one.  This will raise your Eotech above the FSB so it won't drive you nuts anymore.  And you will still be able to see your BUIS because it will give you a 1/3 cowitness.

I was just like you and hated that FSB, then I got one of these risers and it solved my problem.  And they are cheap to boot.  

Check it out here
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 9:10:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Harv24 .
it didnt cause any problems at all . it was more of an annoyance than anything . i never noticed it at a normal TARGET range . i was shooting steel targets set up between 50 and 150 yards out and 15 to 25 feet apart side to side .
and it only created a blur of the FSB , i dont think training more will help because its just in my view where my eyes need to be looking , so i dont think it will ever stop annoying me.
that being said ive never noticed it before . when shooting one target at a regular range
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 9:23:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Try looking through the EOTech a bit higher in the window.  That will float the EOTech reticle above the front sight, and you won't notice the FSB.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top