Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/20/2008 12:31:24 PM EDT
Hello I am in debt college student looking for a good-high quality Replica ACOG TA01 NSN 4X32 Scope. The magnification can be anywhere from 1.5-4X.
Thanks you
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 1:54:24 PM EDT
[#1]

good-high quality Replica...

good luck with that. you'll be better served buying a fixed 4x rifle scope.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 2:52:40 PM EDT
[#2]
I think the T168 is a good scope in the guise of a 4x32 ACOG?
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 6:43:29 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Hello I am in debt college student looking for a good-high quality Replica ACOG TA01 NSN 4X32 Scope. The magnification can be anywhere from 1.5-4X.
Thanks you

Keep in mind that any ACOG replica scope infringes on our Trademark and is illegal.

Also, there are no high quality replicas available.  Shoot the irons until you can afford good glass.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 6:46:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Try wearing a fake rolex too.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 6:52:22 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Try wearing a fake rolex too.

Why am I always late......
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 11:55:57 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Thanks you

Keep in mind that any ACOG replica scope infringes on our Trademark and is illegal.

Also, there are no high quality replicas available.  Shoot the irons until you can afford good glass.

+1.

Go with a carry handle and save your pennies.  I owned a real TA-01 and bought a fake copy ($150?) from e-bay about two years back.  They both functioned well, but the real unit's glass was much clearer.  However, the replica held zero and i guess would be ok for range toy use only.

If you are dying to be a gun range commando and have what looks like the coolest toys... go ahead.  I think you would be better served by learning good marksmanship and becoming very good with the irons first, and worry about a scope later.  Too many people jump straight into the AR hobby and use high end optics as a crutch, instead of manning up to learn how to shoot first.  Don't know if you are a master marksman or not though
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 12:39:31 AM EDT
[#8]
+1 for skipping the cheap chinese crap and learning your irons.

get good with your irons, and save up for the real deal.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 3:42:50 AM EDT
[#9]
I have gone through the life cycle of first buying cheap optics and then upgrading to good stuff.

If I had to do it all over again I would just skipped buying the cheap stuff.  It was a waste a money.  I have a whole box of cheap optics tht I would sell you.

Go with the irons until you figure out what optics you really want.  The EE is full of guys that are trying to sell what they thought they wanted instead of what they really wanted.

High end optics may not be for a struggling college student at this time.  Just wait and you can afford it later.  Don't waste your money on some cheap optic that never will perform well and that you will dump later on.

If you really want something save up your money and wait for the great deal on the EE.  Those great deals come every once in awhile.  I have seen ACOGs for $550 and mini ACOGs for as little as $425.  
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 4:57:06 AM EDT
[#10]
Yep this is a lesson some people have to learn themselves, despite our best effort to save them from going through the cycles we went through.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 5:21:35 AM EDT
[#11]
Get a Trilux S.U.I.T. and a weaver mount for it.  4x , proven in battle, built like a tank and your front site won't be in the field of view.  There is a good post on the FALFILES on reanimating the sight with tritium vials (purchased off ebay)  or a Mepro shotgun bead sight.  I purchased a SUIT at a gun show for $150.00 and bought the weaver mount from Optics Planet for less than $30.00.  Not an ACOG, but definitely the fore runner for them and affordable on a college students budget.  
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 5:41:01 AM EDT
[#12]
The "up side down" post of the SUIT bugs me
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 6:00:52 AM EDT
[#13]
It's upside down so it doesn't obscure your target.  Once you become familiar with it you will grow to appreciate it.  Old technology, but still useful for the less wealthy and stingy.  
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top