AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/19/2008 8:57:13 AM EDT
which one on this

Link Posted: 7/19/2008 9:09:35 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 9:15:24 AM EDT
[#2]
I own both, and I would say go T-1 w/ the LaRue mount. You really can't go wrong with w/ either one.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 9:22:09 AM EDT
[#3]
im not worried about weight... considering the pound of hand guard i put on it
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 9:27:11 AM EDT
[#4]
can you see more fov with the t1? i had a m2 and it was kinda like looking through a scope is the t1 like that?
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 9:53:10 AM EDT
[#5]
I have both, and like both. But the only upside to the M4 over the T-1 is the 2 MOA dot, which is not IMO enough to overcome the weight + $ disadvantage the M4 carries when compared to the T-1. My future acquisitions will be Micros.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 9:59:37 AM EDT
[#6]
i wish a store around here would stock them.. so i could check them out before i buy..
is the t-1 harder to look thru due to its smaller glass? its 20mm right?
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 12:30:09 PM EDT
[#7]
JAKEAR15,

I am agonizing over the same decision: whether to buy a T-1 or an M4s (of course with LaRue mounts) on my LMT rifle length MRP, which has a rail length similar to yours.

Having come from an ML3 2 MOA, I am a bit concerned about the T-1's smaller 20mm tube versus 30mm, but only as far as being able to quickly find the red dot or having to achieve a better cheek weld with the T-1 to quickly find the red dot.  I have a small Burris Fasfire on another rifle that sometimes seems harder to find the red dot than the ML3.

I also wonder if I will like the larger 3.7MOA on the T-1 after getting used to 2 MOA.  

Unfortunately, I cannot locate a T-1 locally to see for myself.

But it seems that guys who are extremely skilled and who rely on their weapon and RDS every day for a living seem to almost uniformly swear by the T-1, apparently over even the new M4s.  So I am leaning in that direction.

It just takes me awhile to get used to how the small T-1 looks mounted on a rifle length rail.  But how the T-1 looks does not matter.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 12:41:59 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
JAKEAR15,

I am agonizing over the same decision: whether to buy a T-1 or an M4s (of course with LaRue mounts) on my LMT rifle length MRP, which has a rail length similar to yours.

Having come from an ML3 2 MOA, I am a bit concerned about the T-1's smaller 20mm tube versus 30mm, but only as far as being able to quickly find the red dot or having to achieve a better cheek weld with the T-1 to quickly find the red dot.  I have a small Burris Fasfire on another rifle that sometimes seems harder to find the red dot than the ML3.

I also wonder if I will like the larger 3.7MOA on the T-1 after getting used to 2 MOA.  

Unfortunately, I cannot locate a T-1 locally to see for myself.

But it seems that guys who are extremely skilled and who rely on their weapon and RDS every day for a living seem to almost uniformly swear by the T-1, apparently over even the new M4s.  So I am leaning in that direction.

It just takes me awhile to get used to how the small T-1 looks mounted on a rifle length rail.  But how the T-1 looks does not matter.

yep you pretty much summed it right up. and yeah im not to sure on how it looks either
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 4:15:35 PM EDT
[#9]
You can see MORE with the T1.

Your FOV (or more correctly, your perceived FOV) is HUGE compared to an M-series with the much larger housing. The housing on the T1 almost disappear, the reason people claim that Eotech's have a better FOV is because of the thin edge along the 3 top side. Well the T1 has an even better perceived FOV than the Eotech's.

And before someone jumps and say there's no such thing as FOV on a red-dot, I will note that this answer relates to the "perceived" FOV when your eyes take initial focus to the target and superimposing the dot onto it. During this split second and when you bring the sights up to your eyes the housing does create a tunnel vision effect that creates a perceived FOV. The T1 TINY, TINY, did I mention TINY? housing and it's short length puts it ahead even of the Eotech in this department. It is counter intuitive to think that a smaller tube will give better FOV, but it does since the FOV is only a perceived one and not a real one. Perception in this case is effected by the width of the housing along with the length of the housing.

The dot is as easy to find on a T-1 as my old M2 that it replaced. The Burris, like all the other sights of it's sight suffers greatly from the non circular glass surface, non sealed pathways of the beam. The T-1 suffers from none of those problem so it is as easy to use as an m2. And as my statements above will attest to you, it's EASIER, FASTER, SMALLER, LIGHTER, THINNER, SHORTER, BETTER.

So yeah, I like mine a little bit.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 9:25:20 AM EDT
[#10]
Bobfried,

Thanks for the good information. It sounds like the best choice is to buy a T-1.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top