Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/18/2008 3:37:21 PM EDT
For those of you that are using this particular BUIS...what do you think about the notch in the top of the apertures?  The ARMS site says the following:

"sight also has new notches above the round apertures for faster CQB engagements inside of 50 meters and also for long range 500-600 meter."

Using the notch would raise the muzzle, and decrease the 2.5" line of sight to bore offset; I guess that is what they are trying to accomplish with this.  If this notch provides a 500-600m zero, the rifle would also be zeroed at about 15yd, as opposed to your (likely) 50yd zero when looking through the aperture hole.

How well does this work in terms of practical application?  Do you use the notch for shooting up close?  How do you like the sight picture when using the notch?  It seems like it would be distracting to have a gap in the top of the aperture when actually looking through the aperture hole as intended.

Thoughts?

Link Posted: 7/18/2008 4:04:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 7:53:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the reply with pic, QUIB!

Anyone else have experience with the notch?

Link Posted: 7/20/2008 8:15:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 8:39:43 AM EDT
[#4]
When I first got my 40L SP I wasn't sure what the notches were for either due to the sight not coming with any type of instructions.  I had to come here for an answer too.  

I haven't used them yet, but I sure don't find them distracting either.  I'm too busy looking at the front sight post.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top