Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/4/2007 11:35:20 AM EDT
When comparing the specifications for these two models, from Midway, I see the only difference is the 512 has a "Two year manufacturer's warranty from date of purchase".

There is a significant price difference. The 512 is $376.99 and the 522 is $458.99.

Does anyone know any reasons for the $82.00 difference? Is it because of the warranty?

And, if you were to purchase an EOTECH which model would you select?
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 12:02:25 PM EDT
[#1]
The 552 is NV compatible, and has an extra button to that effect.  

Deciding whether or not that feature is important to you will determine which you feel you'd be better of buying.  

Honestly, even for military use, with IR lasers mounted on most combat weapons, the NV capability is not needed, so you not only need to decide whether or not you ever actually intend to use with night vision, and if you do, are you going to use an IR illuminator?  Or actually mount the NOD on the weapon.

HTH,
~Augee
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 12:09:55 PM EDT
[#2]
I am not 100% sure but i think that the 520 series of eotech were intended for archery applications .
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 2:54:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Yep, the 520 series are archery sights, with a MSRP of $330-340 - www.eotech-inc.com/arch_hwsmodels.php

For the other main difference between the 510 series and the 550 series for firearms:

Eotech 55X - waterproof to 33 feet
Eotech 51X - waterproof to 10 feet

Link Posted: 12/4/2007 5:37:19 PM EDT
[#4]
...planning on going diving with your rifle
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top