Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/1/2007 1:22:34 PM EDT
I love my LMT BUIS becuase its a stinkin tank ... but it does take up quite a bit of room.

I also have my stock LMT handgaurds which seem to be pretty fat and may interfere with something hanging past the delta ring.

If I use a riser (like from LARUE) will it clear the handgaurds?  Will It sit far enough up for me to hit the buttons still (and not be blocked by BUIS)?

I suppose if the answer is no I could replace the BUIS but I really don't want a FLIP UP.  Also, really not interested in having a rail in the front, but I'd consider buying skinnier handgaurds.  Also, due to battery life / availibility I am sure I want the EOTech that runs on AA batteries and not the N cells.

If it won't fit - what is your advice?  What would you change and why?  Thanks!

Picture of my rifle:
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 1:38:27 PM EDT
[#1]
I'd put an Aimpoint M3 on a Larue cantilever mount.
You wouldn't have to worry about the handguards,keep your BUIS you have and I personally don't like Eotechs.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 1:40:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes. It will clear.

Link Posted: 12/1/2007 2:05:08 PM EDT
[#3]
My EOTech (512, AA version) will not clear the M4 handguards of my LMT when mounted directly on the receiver.  The battery compartment hits the Handguards.  It wasn't an issue for me because I use a ARMS 40L BUIS that takes up little room on the receiver and I was able to bring the 512 back and still have plenty of room to operate the controls.  The interference between the LMT handguards and the battery compartment is slight but noticeable.  I bet (but don't know for sure) carbine handguards would clear because of their smaller (less oval) shape/size.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 2:20:33 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
My EOTech (512, AA version) will not clear the M4 handguards of my LMT when mounted directly on the receiver.  The battery compartment hits the Handguards.  It wasn't an issue for me because I use a ARMS 40L BUIS that takes up little room on the receiver and I was able to bring the 512 back and still have plenty of room to operate the controls.  The interference between the LMT handguards and the battery compartment is slight but noticeable.  I bet (but don't know for sure) carbine handguards would clear because of their smaller (less oval) shape/size.

I also wonder if I use the LARUE mount which raises it up to a lower 1/3rd co-witness if it will clear the handguards?
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 2:40:57 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
You wouldn't have to worry about the handguards,keep your BUIS you have and I personally don't like Eotechs.

I have a Defender M4 14.5 with Larue cantilever/ aimpoint

My Back up LMT M4 has a 551 eotech mounted on T6 with LMT M4 hand Guards

FSB doesnt block my VIEW what so ever
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 2:42:00 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I also wonder if I use the LARUE mount which raises it up to a lower 1/3rd co-witness if it will clear the handguards?

YES
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 10:18:00 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I have a Defender M4 14.5 with Larue cantilever/ aimpoint

My Back up LMT M4 has a 551 eotech mounted on T6 with LMT M4 hand Guards

FSB doesnt block my VIEW what so ever

Sweet!  Could you post a couple pics?
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top