Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/11/2007 3:17:06 PM EDT
I just got my new ARMS #40L-P sight the other day and noticed a possible problem with it.
When deployed ( up ) it is not at an 90% angle to the base it is tilted back a little only a couple of degrees.
My question is, is this normal ? will it effect sighting?

A freind of mine has an #40L and his is at 90% to the base when deployed ( up ).

Link Posted: 10/12/2007 4:59:09 AM EDT
[#1]
I love my arms 40L sp
all I had to do is put it on my LMT DEFENDER M4 14.5
Didnt need any ADJUSTING Period

like all uppers should be
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 5:00:25 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I had a standard #40 that did that. I emailed ARMS and was told it was ok.

My #40L-P sits pretty perfect.

img.photobucket.com/albums/v489/Metroliner/ARMSdeployed.jpg

I wished mine came with the COOL Attachment like yours
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 5:16:58 AM EDT
[#3]
I just used my 40-LP and fixed front sight and did well at an Appleshoot event. I did notice the tilt as well, but it seemed to be a solid mount.

Have you ever shot an HK MP? Those tilted drum sights just don't seem right to me. Granted they work well, but they looked fubar'd from the get-go. Once I spent less time looking at them, instead of thru them, my accuracy stated to improve.
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 4:42:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Normal, all of mine do that.  They also all zeroed on BM rifles without changing to the 0.040" taller post.
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 7:38:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Here's my ARMS 40L-SP. I had the same concern, but I'm glad it's normal. It's not quite upright, but the zero is certainly reproducible.

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top