Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/11/2007 2:03:48 PM EDT
Which one do you think I should get?

This is going on a flat top45 AR with an elevation adjustable rear for true circle in circle aiming.  

I'll probably go with an LMT rear, (or the CTD knockoff ) but don't care if the front is flip down or not.  no big deal.

ETA: the POF will cost me 65, the PRI 85....
Link Posted: 6/11/2007 3:41:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/11/2007 4:56:21 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Nope, the PRI at least uses AR front post, I am unfamiliar with the POF unit.

The HK style sights made by, I believe, Centurion give you that option. Or if you have GOOD connections the HK416 have it as well.

why won't the pri work?
Link Posted: 6/11/2007 7:17:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/11/2007 8:17:29 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
The HK style sights have a fixed front post that is dead center in the front hood, your second circle, all adjustments are at the rear sight.

AR post adjust up and down, so they are not vertically centered in the circle. Do not have a PRI near me to look, but have MI 3/4 hooded sights and I would have to crank the post down into the sight base about 4-5 full turns to get it to sit where it needs for circle on circle shooting.

that's why I said adjustable rear.  with an adjustable front adn rear, you can always have front sight post in dead center of circle.....  I'm more interested int eh ood to tell yout he truth.

I've got true circle in circle with a pri barrel mounted front and wilson combat rear, now I'm in teh market for a permanent always there buis and thinking LMT rear and POF front....
Link Posted: 6/11/2007 8:32:55 PM EDT
[#5]
POF gives full circle and uses an AR type post

Link Posted: 6/12/2007 3:03:50 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/12/2007 4:35:23 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/12/2007 5:59:56 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
The HK style sights have a fixed front post that is dead center in the front hood, your second circle, all adjustments are at the rear sight.

AR post adjust up and down, so they are not vertically centered in the circle. Do not have a PRI near me to look, but have MI 3/4 hooded sights and I would have to crank the post down into the sight base about 4-5 full turns to get it to sit where it needs for circle on circle shooting.

that's why I said adjustable rear.  with an adjustable front adn rear, you can always have front sight post in dead center of circle.....  I'm more interested int eh ood to tell yout he truth.

I've got true circle in circle with a pri barrel mounted front and wilson combat rear, now I'm in teh market for a permanent always there buis and thinking LMT rear and POF front....

Ok, I see now what you are trying. Was thinking a Buis type rear, which mostly do not have alot or any elevation adjustment.

The LMT unit, is more of a mount and leave on unit, and it should have enough elevation adjustment for what you want.  www.lewismachine.net/images/product/L8A.jpg

yup, that's where I'm headed.  the wilson combat rear wasn't my first choice of buis on my other rifle (SPR), but for circle in circle aiming, it's worth it.  With bad eyes adn astigmatism, the focusing issues of the front post really aren't an issue with circle in circle.

This set is going on a 45 AR adn I want always there buis.  that ive me circle in circle.  I figure the distance function of the LMT is useless on a 45 anyway, so why not use it to center teh front sight post of a PRI or POF.

now the only question is do I want PRI or POF?

Link Posted: 6/12/2007 7:03:42 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 6/12/2007 7:30:50 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ok, I see now what you are trying. Was thinking a Buis type rear, which mostly do not have alot or any elevation adjustment.

The LMT unit, is more of a mount and leave on unit, and it should have enough elevation adjustment for what you want.  www.lewismachine.net/images/product/L8A.jpg

yup, that's where I'm headed.  the wilson combat rear wasn't my first choice of buis on my other rifle (SPR), but for circle in circle aiming, it's worth it.  With bad eyes adn astigmatism, the focusing issues of the front post really aren't an issue with circle in circle.

This set is going on a 45 AR adn I want always there buis.  that ive me circle in circle.  I figure the distance function of the LMT is useless on a 45 anyway, so why not use it to center teh front sight post of a PRI or POF.

now the only question is do I want PRI or POF?

From what I have seen of their products you won't go wrong with either. So I vote for PRI, cause they are in Ohio

I voted for the cheaper one  

Link Posted: 6/12/2007 1:46:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Voted for POF because I'm looking to do the same thing, but on a 9mm.  I've 90% settled on the POF front, but still trying to decide on the rear.  FYI, Ameetec has the POF for $60, if I'm not mistaken.  $5 is $5.
Link Posted: 6/12/2007 1:52:05 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Voted for POF because I'm looking to do the same thing, but on a 9mm.  I've 90% settled on the POF front, but still trying to decide on the rear.  FYI, Ameetec has the POF for $60, if I'm not mistaken.  $5 is $5.

I got a better deal thanksto an anonymous donor.  I love this place!
Link Posted: 6/17/2007 2:10:07 PM EDT
[#13]
POF is a great sight, if you are still looking for one I have a new one on the EE: http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=119&t=448005
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top