Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/22/2007 9:04:36 PM EDT
How does every one flip their arms #40?
Do you flip the lever and just let it fly open under spring tension or do you flip the lever and ease it up?  The reason I asked is because I noticed that when I just let it flip open it slams against the retention plate and actually causes a slight indentation to the protective ears around the aperture. Is that normal?
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 4:57:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Just let it fly open. That's the way it was designed. .... on a side note, it is supposed to be a "back-up". If You still do not have an optic, just leave it on the up position if you are worried about marring it too much from repeated "banging".
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 2:57:26 PM EDT
[#2]
I ease it up partially, costs too much to just let it bang.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 10:06:20 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I ease it up partially, costs too much to just let it bang.

Thant's fine for the range  Are you going to worry about it if you need it in a hurry ?
I let mine fly, train how you would fight

Mike
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top