Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/26/2007 7:14:43 PM EDT
Anyone checked this red dot sight out, I am looking for some feedback as I like the looks and I like Burris scopes, great quality. It can be had for around $200-$230
Any info would be great,

Thanks   Steve .
Link Posted: 1/26/2007 10:30:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Got one, luv it! The side mounted brightness adjustment knob is handier than the Aimpoint.

buckmeister
Link Posted: 1/27/2007 3:57:43 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Got one, luv it! The side mounted brightness adjustment knob is handier than the Aimpoint.
buckmeister

Agreed. It's supposed to be an upgraded SPOT w/better glass, sealant & shockproofing.
Tomac
Link Posted: 1/28/2007 11:38:21 AM EDT
[#3]
Can anyone tell me the diference between the Burris XTS-135 and the Tasco ProPoint PDTS132?  The pictures they look like the same unit, but the Tasco is about $100 cheaper.
Link Posted: 1/29/2007 6:30:44 AM EDT
[#4]
The Burris is probably the nicest and most sturdy of the Aimpoint clones I have seen. Considering it only costs a little more than other clones and being that it is still much cheaper than the actual Aimpoint, it would be a good option for someone wanting a quality red dot tube sight at a good value.  
Link Posted: 1/29/2007 7:13:22 AM EDT
[#5]
I've exchanged messages with a gun magazine writer who has used one for some time. He thinks very highly of the Burris and says it's a good value.
Link Posted: 1/29/2007 7:17:36 AM EDT
[#6]
I've had one for 13 months now and love it.  I bought it a year ago last November for around $170.  Best $170 I've ever spent on a scope.  Well worth the money.
Link Posted: 1/29/2007 11:29:17 AM EDT
[#7]
I bought one the first week they came out.  I didn't wait for any reviews because I have always had good experiences with Burris.

This is a great red-dot sight.....my dog likes it too

Link Posted: 1/30/2007 6:23:24 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Can anyone tell me the diference between the Burris XTS-135 and the Tasco ProPoint PDTS132?  The pictures they look like the same unit, but the Tasco is about $100 cheaper.

Some of us think that all of these (SPOT, Burris, Tasco) that come out of the same factory are probably the same scope.
The SPOT did really well in one Arfcommer's torture test.

I got a Burris just after they came out.
It was well made, but mine had a bad dot.

I ended up getting the Tasco.
Seems like the same sight to me.
I'm very pleased with it.
(I haven't dragged it behind my Humvee yet. I'm having the windows tinted. )

I don't think you can go wrong with any of the 3 sights mentioned.

By the time you get the Burris and the mount, you're really close to the price of a Eotech or Aimpoint.
Especially if you looked for used ones.

Link Posted: 1/30/2007 9:57:17 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Some of us think that all of these (SPOT, Burris, Tasco) that come out of the same factory are probably the same scope.  In one thread was mentioned that although the SPOT and Burris were made at the same site, the Burris had better parts installed. A later thread confirmed that the Tasco was made there as well.
The SPOT did really well in one Arfcommer's torture test.

I got a Burris just after they came out.
It was well made, but mine had a bad dot.

I ended up getting the Tasco.
Seems like the same sight to me.
I'm very pleased with it.
(I haven't dragged it behind my Humvee yet. I'm having the windows tinted. )

I don't think you can go wrong with any of the 3 sights mentioned.

By the time you get the Burris and the mount, you're really close to the price of a Eotech or Aimpoint.
Especially if you looked for used ones.

You will still need a mount if you buy an Aimpoint or Eotech. As stated before, keep a eye open for any of these on EE (though I seem to keep missing deals).

I have an Aimpoint, but the side mounted knob of the SPOT/Burris/Tasco is more convenient.

Sight choice really depends on intended usage. My nephew in the sandbox prefers Eotechs to any other optic/sight.

buckmeister
Link Posted: 2/5/2007 1:51:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Thanks for all the responses. I am going to go with the Burris.
What height ring higt or super high ?
Will this co witness with front

Thans again for the help

-Steve
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 3:47:21 AM EDT
[#11]
Any updates on the BURRIS quality?  I have the XTS-235 on order.  I really like the extra recticles, and the 2X feature.  Burris says they will not ship out until closer to May, though.  At least it is paid for.
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 4:27:36 PM EDT
[#12]
My Burris XTS 135 Should have been hear last Friday. Burris said 2 weeks.
I am still waiting and it is killing me. I will post upon reciept and use.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top