Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/21/2006 7:12:09 PM EDT
Got one of these for my birthday today and have read good things about it.  It is the 2xmagnification with either 30mm or 42mm objective lens (depending on which specs I look at).  It looks to be well made and I have read good reviews.  I will be trying it out as soon as I get a carry handle mount for it.  

This one:

http://www.truglosights.com/content/prod_scopes_reddots/reddot_x2.asp

In the meantime, is there anything I need to look out for?  Any tips or anything?  Anyone have experience with these?

Thanks for any info.
Link Posted: 12/21/2006 10:29:43 PM EDT
[#1]
The pin on the scope covers that came with my tru-glow tries to fall out every once in a while.
Link Posted: 1/17/2007 5:14:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Works good.  
Link Posted: 1/17/2007 5:17:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Like posted above the pin likes to fall out.  I have had probs with my dot distorting.  Their customer service just gave me some beat around the bush answers.  It is ok but i personally wish i had spent more and got a better one.
Link Posted: 2/22/2007 5:30:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Not to steal this post or anything but. I just bought the TruGlo RedDot TG8030B from cabela's. I have a flat top ar...do I need a riser for this? Cause when it is mounted it points to the center of the FSB. Any thoughts?
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 6:06:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Bought the same scope, same setup... Get a weaver riser and it will put the dot just over the Front sight.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top